Is Corey Linsley the big FA signing we need? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Corey Linsley the big FA signing we need?

BTW it was pointed out on the "locked on Dolphins" podcast that Linsley doesn't fit the size parameters the team seems to have for their OL. He'd certainly be the lightest OL guy we have. Personally, I find size parameters for players to generally just be lazy and easy boxes for people to check rather than do actual evaluation. I believe it is far more important to work to find good players with the skill sets you want. But you certainly still see people focus on that.
When it comes to the guards and tackles, ours are all at least 325 lbs or more but Karras wasn't as big. Most of the time the center is always lighter than the rest of the O-line.

When it comes to the guards and tackles, ours are all at least 325 lbs or more but Karras wasn't as big. Most of the time the center is always lighter than the rest of the O-line.

Karass rated decently for us. He took more snaps than any of our linemen so that is a big plus. He only gave up 2 sacks, and accounted for 3 penalties. He ranked 17th in his position out of 36 centers that started but the stats become more skewed when you talk about snaps taken so he is middle of the pack.

BTW it was pointed out on the "locked on Dolphins" podcast that Linsley doesn't fit the size parameters the team seems to have for their OL. He'd certainly be the lightest OL guy we have. Personally, I find size parameters for players to generally just be lazy and easy boxes for people to check rather than do actual evaluation. I believe it is far more important to work to find good players with the skill sets you want. But you certainly still see people focus on that.
Karas is one inch taller and 4 lbs heavier than Linsley, Sounds to me they're almost the exact size but one is all pro and the other is not

Karass rated decently for us. He took more snaps than any of our linemen so that is a big plus. He only gave up 2 sacks, and accounted for 3 penalties. He ranked 17th in his position out of 36 centers that started but the stats become more skewed when you talk about snaps taken so he is middle of the pack.
Against the pass... yes.

But he generates VERY little in the run game... and I think that's a problem. Average in one stage of the game, and bad in the other averages out to below-average... and I think that's what Mr. Karras is-- a nice backup.

First round picks that make sense are tackles wrs or pass rushers. Micah parsons falls into important category so he is an option. Signing Lindsey makes sense cause he is upgrade and we have no starter signed

Back
Top Bottom