Is Daniel Thomas improving as a running back? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Daniel Thomas improving as a running back?

Thanks for the facts - normaldude. It's only a small improvement but we'll take it and hope that the trend continues and accelerates. He is a backup who allows Miller to take a breather.
Daniel carries the burden of being a 2nd round draft pick and most on Finheaven will never say a positive or constructive thing about him, because they/we had higher expectations. He actually got more TDs than Lamar Miller, last season (6 vs 2), but nobody would know it or acknowledge it.
It is also popular to call him Danielle because they were wanting more from a 2nd round draft pick. It may surprise some that his closest buddy on the team is Charles Clay, but I doubt that they call him Charlene.

Thanks for the facts - normaldude. It's only a small improvement but we'll take it and hope that the trend continues and accelerates.
Daniel carries the burden of being a 2nd round draft pick and most on Finheaven will never say a positive or constructive thing about him, because they/we had higher expectations. He actually got more TDs than Lamar Miller, last season, but nobody would know it or acknowledge it.
It is also popular to call him Danielle because they were wanting more from a 2nd round draft pick. It may surprise some that his closest buddy on the team is Charles Clay, but I doubt that they call him Charlene.

I just want him replaced.

He's the same back, but he has blockers and a better system now.

He is getting tackled forward more this year. Thats good for the extra foot per rush avg.

He's the same back, but he has blockers and a better system now.

I'm wondering if it's because we're using him differently.

- In his 1st 3 years, Daniel Thomas's ratio of "runs vs receptions" was 8.7x.

- In 2014, Daniel Thomas's ratio of "runs vs receptions" is 4.1x (a career low).

- In 2014, Lamar Miller's ratio of "runs vs receptions" is 5.6x.

In other words, Daniel Thomas is now being used more as a receiving back than ever before. This is probably a good thing, since his one strength is that he's a good receiver with good hands. So maybe being more of a receiving back means that when defenses see him on the field, they are more likely to spread out, rather than put 8 men in the box, which gives Daniel Thomas more room to run.

I disagree with the majority of the negative criticism coming Thomas' way because of his draft position.

Thomas has failed to play with a certain kind of intense energy.

Walter Peyton spent his off seasons sprinting up and down rock formations.

Give me a chance to play in the NFL and I too would train like an absolute animal.

And I play like an rotwieller on gunpowder.

I might go down but I am sure to do ALL I can do to put a serious hurtin on you!

And if you don't bring it I am gonna do all I can do to put you OUT!

When I watch Danielle Thomas play I see I guy who is a B player with so little of the fire I am talking about.

Crash Jensen was not the most gifted athlete - but he did EVERYTHING he could to hurt you. Bryan Cox same - and Jarvis Landry - and look at Dion Simms - guy has fought like an animal to get better and he did.

To me I do not track where a guy is drafted or even how is acquired - I care about what he does or does not do to make our team better PERIOD.

Thanks for the facts - normaldude. It's only a small improvement but we'll take it and hope that the trend continues and accelerates. He is a backup who allows Miller to take a breather.
Daniel carries the burden of being a 2nd round draft pick and most on Finheaven will never say a positive or constructive thing about him, because they/we had higher expectations. He actually got more TDs than Lamar Miller, last season (6 vs 2), but nobody would know it or acknowledge it.

Thomas is leading the team in YAC, Currently 10.3 yards per reception. He is doing better this year in his limited opportunities and being used more in the passing game.
Never really got the hate for him just because Ireland reached in the draft.
Compare his stats to any of the backs in that draft and he fits in where he was picked, Demarco Murray is the only one in that draft that has blown him away and he has had many more opportunities.

Thomas is leading the team in YAC, Currently 10.3 yards per reception. He is doing better this year in his limited opportunities and being used more in the passing game.
Never really got the hate for him just because Ireland reached in the draft.
Compare his stats to any of the backs in that draft and he fits in where he was picked, Demarco Murray is the only one in that draft that has blown him away and he has had many more opportunities.

A function of screen passes

He's definitely looked better this year to me. Regardless of why, he's doing positive things when he touches the ball and runs hard on his carries. I think that fumble killed alot of good will that folks here were starting to give him.

Back
Top Bottom