Is Daniel Thomas improving as a running back? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Daniel Thomas improving as a running back?

Interesting Comparison between Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas

Lamar Miller now has 437 career touches for 2074 yards and 10 Total TD's, He also has 4 fumbles and all were lost

Daniel Thomas now has 458 career touches for 1865 yards and 12 Total TD's, He has 6 fumbles with 4 lost.

Seems to me like pretty similar stats with both getting better this year with the better line. Something neither had before.

I disagree with the majority of the negative criticism coming Thomas' way because of his draft position. Thomas has failed to play with a certain kind of intense energy. Walter Peyton spent his off seasons sprinting up and down rock formations. Give me a chance to play in the NFL and I too would train like an absolute animal. And I play like an rotwieller on gunpowder. I might go down but I am sure to do ALL I can do to put a serious hurtin on you! And if you don't bring it I am gonna do all I can do to put you OUT! When I watch Danielle Thomas play I see I guy who is a B player with so little of the fire I am talking about. Crash Jensen was not the most gifted athlete - but he did EVERYTHING he could to hurt you. Bryan Cox same - and Jarvis Landry - and look at Dion Simms - guy has fought like an animal to get better and he did. To me I do not track where a guy is drafted or even how is acquired - I care about what he does or does not do to make our team better PERIOD.
How do you know that Dion Sims works harder than Daniel Thomas?

How do you know that Dion Sims works harder than Daniel Thomas?

What does it matter? All players are doing what they can to win games or, would not be on this team.

Daniel seems to be a bit of a lightning rod for some Dolphin fans. Maybe he, Wheeler and Sturgis are now the main recipients of Finheaven hate with the departure of Michael Egnew and Nolan Carroll.

Daniel seems to be a bit of a lightning rod for some Dolphin fans. Maybe he, Wheeler and Sturgis are now the main recipients of Finheaven hate with the departure of Michael Egnew and Nolan Carroll.

"They" have given up on Jones and Miller from earlier in the year. Now, it has to hurt some with DT and Wheeler playing well. It has to be tuff to know that every shot taken on both is laughed at by any knowledgeable Phan watching the games. :)

No, the blocking schemes have been better.

And he sucks as a blocker...

No, the blocking schemes have been better.

And he sucks as a blocker...

Last year, yes. He gave up 3 sacks and 6 hurries, which was horrible. This year, no. Giving up 1 pressure is good. What did you see differently?

DT has played better. I take out the SD game where he ran 9 times for 8 yards in as basically a tackling dummy to run out the clock in a huge blowout. Other than that, he ran 32 times for a 4.8 average. He caught 10 of 11 for a 10 yard average, and has given up 1 QB hit this year. He will very likely be replaced next year but, that takes nothing away from his playing well in limited action.

I really do not understand why some posters have to make stuff up to dislike a Phins player who is doing what he can for "our team" to win.
to be fair to us Thomas haters you have to somehow figure out how to account for the catch and run where he needed to get OOB but instead cut it up inside and cost us points.

Interesting Comparison between Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas

Lamar Miller now has 437 career touches for 2074 yards and 10 Total TD's, He also has 4 fumbles and all were lost

Daniel Thomas now has 458 career touches for 1865 yards and 12 Total TD's, He has 6 fumbles with 4 lost.

Seems to me like pretty similar stats with both getting better this year with the better line. Something neither had before.
but unofficial stats such as "times pancaked" and "number of concussions" it's not even close.

You mean a clue like watching the games, where he has played better, or just blindly listening to all the forum hate based on past (admittedly poor) play? He's played better - it is possible to acknowledge such things without professing undying love for a player.
what he said.
Some people think that once a player is on their hate list he can never redeem himself. so not true. Sports is about what have u done for me lately.And lately can last for a long long time once a young player figures things out.

That wasnt the question.

He's still playing better

Let it go Dude. The only real truth about Dana Thomas is

BUST

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

More Damien Williams please...

He is Daniel Thomas....We've seen what he's capable of: NOT MUCH. We can't expect him to develop into anything more than an unreliable plodder who can catch a few balls out of the backfield and will fumble from time to time. A decent run blocking O-Line can make a mediocre back seem legit sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom