Is Daniel Thomas improving as a running back? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Daniel Thomas improving as a running back?

I think most would agree that he's playing better. Its just that some are now just having fun pkoing fun at him... and its understandable since he IS a marginal player. Channing Crowder got the same deal although some of the guys who dont like him still think he was serious when he was asking what language they spoke in London, which doesnt make'em look very good....

Last year, yes. He gave up 3 sacks and 6 hurries, which was horrible. This year, no. Giving up 1 pressure is good. What did you see differently?

Go look at the Jets game and the blitz pick-up...or lack thereof. Also, he simply has not played as much so he hasn't had a chance to screw it up as much as last year...that's the way it works...

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

That wasnt the question.

He's still playing better

Once again...no he is not....the line is blocking better.

to be fair to us Thomas haters you have to somehow figure out how to account for the catch and run where he needed to get OOB but instead cut it up inside and cost us points.

No, I don't, bringing up one play is silly. Why bother to go out of your way to look for something negative on a Dolphins player? Is this the reason you come here?

Go look at the Jets game and the blitz pick-up...or lack thereof. Also, he simply has not played as much so he hasn't had a chance to screw it up as much as last year...that's the way it works...

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Once again...no he is not....the line is blocking better.

He was in on pass protect twice vs the Jets, and not credited with giving up any pressures on both tries. Tell me when he gave up something?

Last year he was in pass protect 92 times, giving up 3 sack and 6 hurries. This year, it's 23 times, giving up 1 hit. Do the math.

So, DT is no better, and it's the OL's credit for blocking better, and his blame for the OL being worse last year. That is funny.

He was in on pass protect twice vs the Jets, and not credited with giving up any pressures on both tries. Tell me when he gave up something?

Last year he was in pass protect 92 times, giving up 3 sack and 6 hurries. This year, it's 23 times, giving up 1 hit. Do the math.

So, DT is no better, and it's the OL's credit for blocking better, and his blame for the OL being worse last year. That is funny.

Agree with you on the Jet sack.
The lineman in front, pouncey or satale got push backwards so quick there was nothing DT could do.
Anyone who gives RT17 a pass when there is an instant bull rush needs to give DT the same slack.

The lineman in front, pouncey or satale got push backwards so quick there was nothing DT could do.
Anyone who gives RT17 a pass when there is an instant bull rush needs to give DT the same slack.

Jets had 2 sacks. One was from NT Ellis, and the other by ILB Harris. Satele and Smith were credited for giving them up. I have not yet re-watched this game, was avoiding it for now and just moving on.

Jets had 2 sacks. One was from NT Ellis, and the other by ILB Harris. Satele and Smith were credited for giving them up. I have not yet re-watched this game, was avoiding it for now and just moving on.

No, I don't, bringing up one play is silly. Why bother to go out of your way to look for something negative on a Dolphins player? Is this the reason you come here?
huh?

I don't give a **** who they "credit" for a sack...go to 1:00 of 2nd and tell me that he shouldn't have picked up that blitz!!! He flat out blew it. Your "stats" don't show that...my "eyes" do!

Are you talking about 1:00 of the 2nd? If so, they didn't get "pushed" backwards! Sately and Pouncy doubled 78 and didn't get pushed anywhere. 78 gets no push and then swings to the outside. Smith passes Harris off to the inside expecting Thomas to make the block. Smith then goes to get 97, not realizing there is a second blitzer and lets 56 through.

Both Thomas and Shelly sucked on that play. There were two blitzers and Thomas needed to at least get one of them...he didn't get any.

I don't give a **** who they "credit" for a sack...go to 1:00 of 2nd and tell me that he shouldn't have picked up that blitz!!! He flat out blew it. Your "stats" don't show that...my "eyes" do!

I just watched that play. It was play action with DT faking left and behind Smith who totally whiffed. I thought DT did a good job in trying to cover Smith's mistake but, looked like he got his left leg tied up and did not have the time or position to cover the whiff by Smith. I went frame by frame and completely disagree with your eyeballs. That was easily on Shelly.

Back
Top Bottom