Is Flores really immune to being fired after this year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Flores really immune to being fired after this year?

Not sure and I also don’t care. I want to win so if 2020 has Ted Bundy the coach I wouldn’t give two shits.

No 1/2 measures... They are doing it right this time and hopefully jolt the NFL into take action mode to help create a balanced playing field because it's obviously tilting towards NE for over 20 seasons now

This is not a tank, It's a septic tank !!!

I live near Cleveland and this clown show is much worse than anything they've had. It's pretty bad when your younger players don't believe in the coach and want to be part of the rebuild. They don't believe in Flores and what he's coaching period. That's what makes this rebuild different than the Dallas years.

To rebuild this team you're going to need 5 new olinemen, a Qb, a RB, 2 WR's, 2 LB's, 2 DLinemen, and 3 DB's. Even with the # of quality draft picks we have in the next 2 years(if we hit on 50%), you better pray a lot free agents are willing to come here.

This is what really soured me on Grier and Flores. There is tanking, but then there is completely dismantling a team so that it is more gutted than an expansion team and then treating the season like an extended preseason. This isn’t the way to build a winning culture.

even with it being a tank i need to see flores team competing, if they lose they lose, but 59-10 and 43-0 is disturbing. Losing is one thing getting completely decimated 2 weeks in a row is something else.

I mean it could happen if every game ends up an embarrassment or he loses the entire lockeroom then yes.. The second part is the more concerning and its only the 2nd game of the season..

I haven't honestly even been able to watch a game, I live in Orlando and apparently they aren't going to show the embarrasing fins this season and i refuse to buy nfl gamepass to rewatch a 43-0 drubbing..

I wonder if Bellichick hates flores its odd not only to have Brady in the game with 3 minutes left up 37 but to throw the ball on top..

New England is such a scumbag organization, I hope Tom Brady tears his acl if they are gonna do this classless crap.. I'm not gonna lie if i was flores i'd have told one of my LB's to drill the **** out of brady's knee even if the ball is out.. I'd pay the fine for him as well. They want to be assholes we should return the favor

I agree. Props to New England to what they've accomplished and what Brady has done. That being said, I hope when Brady hits the wall and it can come fast (just asked Peyton Manning), I hope he is too proud to quickly quit. I hope he sticks around and the rest of the league gets some revenge for displays like we saw today at the end of this game.

Of course, it is up to the Dolphins to keep them from having deep throws like that (even down by 37). I just hope other teams, especially the Dolphins, get to exact some revenge and return the favor when he and the rest of the Pats are on the downside.

I agree. Props to New England to what they've accomplished and what Brady has done. That being said, I hope when Brady hits the wall and it can come fast (just asked Peyton Manning), I hope he is too proud to quickly quit. I hope he sticks around and the rest of the league gets some revenge for displays like we saw today at the end of this game.

Of course, it is up to the Dolphins to keep them from having deep throws like that (even down by 37). I just hope other teams, especially the Dolphins, get to exact some revenge and return the favor when he and the rest of the Pats are on the downside.

im not even mad at the pats for running up the score or going for it up big on opponents, this is professional sports where guys are making more in one game than most of us make in 10 years...if i were them id do the exact same thing. Having that go-for-the-jugular mentality is what is and has been lacking in Miami.

I see people complain all the time about the pats for running it up, going for it on 4th downs late in games up big but you have to understand thats what makes this team so good. The killer mentality. Were over here with Joe Philbin and Adam Gase going conservative up 7 with a half of football left to play and you got the pats throwing the ball and going for4th downs late in the 4th quarter up 40 points...one hasnt won a playoff game in 20 years the other has 6 super bowl wins with 9 super bowl appearances in the same time span.

im not even mad at the pats for running up the score or going for it up big on opponents, this is professional sports where guys are making more in one game than most of us make in 10 years...if i were them id do the exact same thing. Having that go-for-the-jugular mentality is what is and has been lacking in Miami.

I see people complain all the time about the pats for running it up, going for it on 4th downs late in games up big but you have to understand thats what makes this team so good. The killer mentality. Were over here with Joe Philbin and Adam Gase going conservative up 7 with a half of football left to play and you got the pats throwing the ball and going for4th downs late in the 4th quarter up 40 points...one hasnt won a playoff game in 20 years the other has 6 super bowl wins with 9 super bowl appearances in the same time span.

Go for the jugular? The prey was already dead. Comparing the stupidity of being conservative when up 7 with a half of football to play to keeping your starters in a game up 37 with less than 4 minutes to go and going deep is a fair comparison? You really think that is why they've won 6 Super Bowls?

The Steelers won 6 SBs and they didn't do that. The Cowboys won 5 and didn't need to do it. Give me a break. Again, it is up to the Dolphins to stop it and they didn't. Karma is a bitch though and times will change. I just hope Belichick and Brady are still on the field for when it happens.

Go for the jugular? The prey was already dead. Comparing the stupidity of being conservative when up 7 with a half of football to play to keeping your starters in a game up 37 with less than 4 minutes to go and going deep is a fair comparison? You really think that is why they've won 6 Super Bowls?

The Steelers won 6 SBs and they didn't do that. The Cowboys won 5 and didn't need to do it. Give me a break. Again, it is up to the Dolphins to stop it and they didn't. Karma is a bitch though and times will change. I just hope Belichick and Brady are still on the field for when it happens.

so youre worried about the morality of running up the score when the fins have been outscored 102-10 in 2 games...

Before the game Ross looked like he didn't have a care in the world. And when the cameras were on him during the game he seemed at peace, even though Miami was down big. I think he's in this for the long haul. One thing seems certain, he didn't have the concerned look on his face or upset look, he had when Tannenbaum was sitting next to him last year. I get the feeling he's orchestrated this entire thing.

Im more concerned with Tried than Flores. Flores is a victim of this roster. Grier controls the cap and draft, let's hope he knows what he's doing. He can turn it around quickly, or keep the Dolphins in purgatory for another decade

so youre worried about the morality of running up the score when the fins have been outscored 102-10 in 2 games...

I can multi-task. I can be worried that the Dolphins have the right leadership to turn this tank job into a successful team in a few years and at the same time hope the Dolphins can exact revenge on a division rival that not only lacks morality in running up the score, but was also caught attempting to cheat 2 times in their history.

Look, I disagree with you that you need to keep starters in up 37 points with less than 5 minutes to go in a game to be a dominant team. The Steelers, Cowboys, and Shula's Dolphins didn't do it. Like I said, karma is a bitch and it would be a real shame to see Brady or some other key player blow out a knee or something in the last 5 minutes of a blow out.

Back
Top Bottom