Is Flores really immune to being fired after this year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Flores really immune to being fired after this year?

If he isn't immune to being fired Ross is a bigger idiot than I give him credit for. It is one thing to lose for the future. Being a league embarrassment is another. First shutout in franchise history. Most points given up in first 2 weeks in league history. Flores and Grier are not the future. They will not draft a franchise QB and turn this around.

No he needs to be fired after this season it's obvious he doesn't have it he's not a true defensive coordinator once again that show today
Blah blah blah blah. Anyone listening to me yet. Blah blah blah. Anyone who knows football cannot in any way cant blame Flo right now. But go ahead. You do you. Blah blah blah.

It's on Flores to pull the plug on Fitzpatrick (both) who show no inclination to give a crap or the talent to transcend a team that is spiraling towards ineptitude. While I think Flores should be given a reprieve, I think if he proves as stubborn as Gase, he needs to go and take Grier with him.

I don't believe Grier is going to get us out of this purgatory with his draft selections. I have no faith in him whatsoever. Flores may be in way over his head just like Gase.

Okay why not a hot take now. Is Flores legit immune if we go 0-16 and have most weeks look like past two? This is historically bad. Not just Dolphins bad. We all knew the tank was on. But I didn’t think 40 plus losses were. Didn’t the 0-16 Browns not lose a game by 30 all year? I wonder what Marino is saying to Ross during these games up in the box.

Yes, it's called a plan. It takes more than two weeks.

I went into this season full expecting to lose a lot and fully expecting to give Flores the mulligan, but a team this historically inept warrants a closer look. If this kind of horrid product continues for the rest of the season, I don’t think they have an option. Flobin must be canned.

Zero chance he keeps the gig if every game is like the first 2. None. I mean, seriously? :lol:

I know this may come as a surprise to some, but you can still evaluate a coach during a tank season. Game planning, play calling, penalties, etc.. How long Rosen sits is plenty for me.

The job looks too big for him after 2 games ... that's for damn sure.

Should Flores be fired if they go 0-16 and are still this embarrassingly bad? Sure.

However, the Dolphins are in the same predicament as they have been for years because Stephen Ross - either out of misplaced loyalty or stupidity - doesn't know how a rebuild takes place. You don't keep someone from the previous regime in place - i.e. keeping Ireland when Sparano was fired, keeping Philbin when Ireland was fired, keeping Grier when Gase was fired, etc.

Ross has shown he is willing to pay money... why not go out and get a proven football executive to come in, set up the organization, hire the right coach, and follow his strategy? Instead he promotes Grier who is getting his first time running a pro operation and who does not have the background of learning under a proven winner.

Should Flores be fired if they go 0-16 and are still this embarrassingly bad? Sure.

However, the Dolphins are in the same predicament as they have been for years because Stephen Ross - either out of misplaced loyalty or stupidity - doesn't know how a rebuild takes place. You don't keep someone from the previous regime in place - i.e. keeping Ireland when Sparano was fired, keeping Philbin when Ireland was fired, keeping Grier when Gase was fired, etc.

Ross has shown he is willing to pay money... why not go out and get a proven football executive to come in, set up the organization, hire the right coach, and follow his strategy? Instead he promotes Grier who is getting his first time running a pro operation and who does not have the background of learning under a proven winner.

Parcells comes to mind ...

It all starts at the top. Even great coaches can't overcome bungling stupidity from the owner and all the idiots he hired to run this franchise.

Having a QB worth a **** will definitely cover some sins.

If Grier stays Flores will stay.

Another week of Flores blowing multiple time outs due to being unprepared and unorganized. Yeah we have a terrible team and no talent. The coaching staff also has no talent. You have 3 coaches (HC, DC, OC) that are essentially rookies. It does not matter how much we tank this season, I do not see a way that your top 3 coaches that have a combined zero experience at the positions they currently hold, are taking this team anywhere even with cash to spend next year and a slew of picks. Players still need to be developed. Who is going to coach and develop incoming players next season and the season after. We have a coaching staff just as bad as the talent on the field.

If the fins go 0 - 16 and Harbaugh is available, it would not surprise me if Ross fires Flores and goes after Harbaugh.

That's exactly why I said if we go 0-16 and have most weeks like this. Read the post.
I live near Cleveland and this clown show is much worse than anything they've had. It's pretty bad when your younger players don't believe in the coach and want to be part of the rebuild. They don't believe in Flores and what he's coaching period. That's what makes this rebuild different than the Dallas years.

To rebuild this team you're going to need 5 new olinemen, a Qb, a RB, 2 WR's, 2 LB's, 2 DLinemen, and 3 DB's. Even with the # of quality draft picks we have in the next 2 years(if we hit on 50%), you better pray a lot free agents are willing to come here.

Back
Top Bottom