Is Front 7 the Next Reconstruction Zone? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Front 7 the Next Reconstruction Zone?

49'ers were a Defense-first team and KC was the opposite. How'd that work out?
That's a great discussion point. Both teams were fairly balanced overall. The 49ers ran the ball well, which kept the defense fresh. KC's defense made enough plays. Not dominate, but good enough.

Miami's offense goes three and out a lot. I think that will change when the Dolphins make the switch to Tua and that will make the defense instantly better. I do think the front 7 is potentially a weakness for Miami, but I also know it's early.

That's a great discussion point. Both teams were fairly balanced overall. The 49ers ran the ball well, which kept the defense fresh. KC's defense made enough plays. Not dominate, but good enough.

Miami's offense goes three and out a lot. I think that will change when the Dolphins make the switch to Tua and that will make the defense instantly better. I do think the front 7 is potentially a weakness for Miami, but I also know it's early.

A terrible offense will ruin any good defense. If you can't give the D a rest and move the ball, they'll run out of gas. Period. I don't care how good they are.

A great offense can run independent of the defense. That's why it's so important these days in order to keep up with the Chiefs, Saints, etc.

You just need to pick what you WANT to be elite at on defense because there's only so much money to go around.
- Do you want to have an elite secondary and just figure things out elsewhere?
- Do you want that elite pass rush?
- Or do you want to be elite at stopping the run (important in playoffs) and will use blitzes to generate pass rush?

I stack the Dline line and get after the QB. Just based on genetics and human biology, it's harder to find big guys who can run than it is smaller guys who can run.....and even the best CBs in the league can't cover forever, but an elite pass rush can make average DBs look good.

A terrible offense will ruin any good defense. If you can't give the D a rest and move the ball, they'll run out of gas. Period. I don't care how good they are.

A great offense can run independent of the defense. That's why it's so important these days in order to keep up with the Chiefs, Saints, etc.

You just need to pick what you WANT to be elite at on defense because there's only so much money to go around.
- Do you want to have an elite secondary and just figure things out elsewhere?
- Do you want that elite pass rush?
- Or do you want to be elite at stopping the run (important in playoffs) and will use blitzes to generate pass rush?

I stack the Dline line and get after the QB. Just based on genetics and human biology, it's harder to find big guys who can run than it is smaller guys who can run.....and even the best CBs in the league can't cover forever, but an elite pass rush can make average DBs look good.
Makes sense. I would do the same thing, although it looks like Flores's concentration is the secondary.

Back
Top Bottom