Is Grier a good GM? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Grier a good GM?

I think Flo and Grier work good together. Sometimes some relationships just click. Last yr we got a lot of big ugly guys in the o-line. All of them have an upside. Iggy is so young and did play well at the end of the season Davis is a stud. We get to now draft the glamour players. Plus we sit in good position to snag players from teams over the cap. The bottom line is we are a ten win team , with the most picks in the top 50, and 8th most in the salary cap. We are in play for anything out there. We might not need Watson , but we can pick teams like the Saints clean of their stars being 93 million over the cap.

Remember Charles Harris? I believe 99 % of fin heaven was like WTF. Grier is average at best and if Flores is smart he’ll make Ross upgrade to someone better.
The Charlie Harris pick smelt like some o' that stank Tannebum! 🤢🤮

Never even saw his upside.

Remember Charles Harris? I believe 99 % of fin heaven was like WTF. Grier is average at best and if Flores is smart he’ll make Ross upgrade to someone better.
Flores comes from a culture that is known for drafting horribly. He doesnt have a lef to stand on in that instance. Coach the talent. He obviously wanted Igbo and Davis. Only one showed up this season.

And yet winning super bowl after super bowl. Go figure :shrug:
Yeah...they all rode that wave all the way up until that "culture" found itself in the NFC championship game vs the Packers.

Flores came from New England my friend
I know exactly where he came out of...

Their culture didn't just disappear overnight. I imagine it's still there, but like I said...the real culture of the Patriots will be lining up opposite Aaron Rodgers this weekend.

It's rare to see a GM get a mulligan on his first few years drafting and get to tear down his own roster. Hopefully the second time around fares better.

I read what I could.

Minkah and Tunsil, fell to Miami, and didn't take anything but a sharpie to send the card in.

His Rosen debacle is a stain for him and Coach.

But so far. He gets a B at this point. His decisions for OC remains a issue.

overall i have been pleased with him running the show for the most part after the decade of Jeff "is your mama a crackho" Ireland and Mike tannenbaum handing out bad contracts

but i like how grier operated in the dismantling of this team and setting it up for the future, its just a matter of using the assets he aquired in the dismantling phase correctly...while he has added some players as a foundation he cant miss on impact players (aka rnd 1 and early 2nd), this team really needs truly talented explosive players if he wants tua to have a chance

the reality is alot of how grier is viewed is going to be tied to tua and herbert, he really needs to knock it out of the park this offseason on offensive skill players though, because its all imperitive to tua having any type of success and if herbert continues to flash while tua struggles or remains stagnant where he is now where hes nomore than a ultra-conservative game manager... grier is going to take alot of criticism as the guy who "got it wrong" and set the team back years

but like i said it cant be overlooked how grier shed the team of any player with any kind of value that didnt have a future here and in my opinion fleeced the friggin texans in that deal...he started the complete tear down and rebuild i begged for numerous times over the last 15 years...now he just needs to get the elite talent on this roster because in my opinion flores has overachieved with what he was given so far

Back
Top Bottom