Is it Down to these Five? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it Down to these Five?

Yup, he can play tight, split, and wide, and block on bubble screens, He is all kinds of weapons, in addition to having like 90% catch rate and being a red zone target vertically and horizontally. I just wish there was a combine to confirm athleticism.
While I like Pitts not going to take him top 5. Plus his catch rate is not even close to 90% it is 64.2%.

I LOVE Rousseau and think he is the best pass-rusher in this draft. I know that feelings on him are mixed... The two criticisms that I see of him are either, 1) He only did it for one year and there isn't enough film on him or 2) He opted out and that shows he doesn't love football/has no character.

2, I think is ridiculous... he is training for his career and minimizing his risk. To me, that's smart. Plus, he may actually have COVID issues in his family . (I've had 2 die from my extended family btw, so believe me... I have no patience for this argument).

1, I think, is a weak argument too. He was absolutely dominant as a 19 year old player with a limited number of moves... God given size, speed and elusiveness... He'll only get better.

I'd take Rousseau in the top 10; I'd damn sure take him @18... even if we'd gone OT with our first pick.

I may be the biggest Rousseau backer on FH.
I don't hold the opting out decision against any of these players.

From a scouting perspective, I'm sure NFL people would have liked to see Rousseau progress. But agree with you the talent is there. My guess is he could take a while to develop in the NFL, but could definitely be worth it.

Sorry to hear about your family. I've lost an aunt, who had some health issues before getting COVID. It's a terrible virus.

I think DT is pretty far down the list of needs. But they could use a rotational player. Maybe someone who can play both end or tackle.

I don't expect the team to keep Godchaux.

Rumor is Godchaux wants big $$... At least, more than the phins are willing to give him

Given, How Flores prefers to use a 3-2-6, etc...how many DL will actually be on the final 53?

Maybe, this season, Strowbridge takes the next step and joins Wilkins & Seiler as players who can line up at End & Tackle?

Rumor is Godchaux wants big $$... At least, more than the phins are willing to give him

Given, How Flores prefers to use a 3-2-6, etc...how many DL will actually be on the final 53?

Maybe, this season, Strowbridge takes the next step and joins Wilkins & Seiler as players who can line up at End & Tackle?
I view him as a rotational player and I think he'll be looking for starters money.

I don't hold the opting out decision against any of these players.

From a scouting perspective, I'm sure NFL people would have liked to see Rousseau progress. But agree with you the talent is there. My guess is he could take a while to develop in the NFL, but could definitely be worth it.

Sorry to hear about your family. I've lost an aunt, who had some health issues before getting COVID. It's a terrible virus.
Thank you sir... we lost two... one of them in his 40s.

Cant believe Parsons isnt onnthe top 5 list.I would say it is down 3 players if we cant move from 3.Smith Pitts and Parson.

Cant believe Parsons isnt onnthe top 5 list.I would say it is down 3 players if we cant move from 3.Smith Pitts and Parson.
I could definitely see Flores loving Parsons. I think with him it just depends on character and how much potential risk a franchise might see.

Assuming Miami stays at #3, or around that spot, is it down to these five?

Chase
Smith
Sewell
Waddle
Pitts

I know there's some talk of Wilson or Fields, but I just don't see the Dolphins taking another quarterback. Now, if Watson becomes available that's another story. Parsons is a potential add to the list, but I think only if Miami moves down. In other words, just don't see it at #3.

I think Parsons is now in the mix too with the KVN release.

Personally I'm down to 3, acceptable picks, but really focused on one guy. Pitts. I would be fine with Sewell or Chase.

Interesting take from Simon Clancy here, it's kind of where I am right now too:

best case, to me, trade down a bit and get one of the 4 playmaking WR's (that includes Pitts).
besides finding the trade partners and deals, how far down depends how they have the 4 ranked.
If they are all close, trade as far as you can knowing (hoping) at least one is left. If one stands out, can't go
to far.
I think def needs to wait till 18 at least, or trade back up with 18 if say Parsons is slipping. I think they need a playmaker
on O more than anything else

I see Smith as our #1 pick in the draft. I believe we put value on the fact that Tua and Smith have chemistry together from playing together at Alabama. I agree with this thinking and on top of that I just see a kid that is super talented even at 175. Give him an NFL training camp and add some muscle and he'll be ready to be a great NFL receiver. If you haven't watched YouTube vids of Tua firing TD's to Smith all over the field you'll love it!! Not only does Tua look amazing but Smith is lightning quick with sensational hands and a large catch radius. These are two guys I'd love to pair up as part of Miami's offense going forward.

At #18, get Najee Harris who also has existing chemistry with Tua and we're off to a world class start to the draft. Maybe later find an o-line gem like Leatherwood or Creed and a second receiver like Demetric Felton who is a very quick RB turned receiver. While your on YouTube take a quick peek at Felton's moves!! He's something else with the ball in his hands, electric imo. If we added Smith, Harris and later Felton it would be beyond belief!!

I'm more excited about building the team this way then ripping the whole rebuild plan apart to get Watson. This is the move, believe in what you're doing. This guy Watson gets disgruntled too easily and he thinks it's all about him. STAY THE COURSE!!!!!

I think Parsons is now in the mix too with the KVN release.

Personally I'm down to 3, acceptable picks, but really focused on one guy. Pitts. I would be fine with Sewell or Chase.

Interesting take from Simon Clancy here, it's kind of where I am right now too:

I have been there since day one. This draft is absolutely loaded with WRs, most of whom, have very similar grades.

The top three guys played at the marquee schools and got lots of press, but I'm not sure that this makes them better candidates-- merely more famous candidates. There are so many WRs that I wouldn't be surprised to see ROY candidates come out of the third or fourth rounds... all it would take would be for a second tier candidate to go to a top end team.

I see Smith as our #1 pick in the draft. I believe we put value on the fact that Tua and Smith have chemistry together from playing together at Alabama. I agree with this thinking and on top of that I just see a kid that is super talented even at 175. Give him an NFL training camp and add some muscle and he'll be ready to be a great NFL receiver. If you haven't watched YouTube vids of Tua firing TD's to Smith all over the field you'll love it!! Not only does Tua look amazing but Smith is lightning quick with sensational hands and a large catch radius. These are two guys I'd love to pair up as part of Miami's offense going forward.

At #18, get Najee Harris who also has existing chemistry with Tua and we're off to a world class start to the draft. Maybe later find an o-line gem like Leatherwood or Creed and a second receiver like Demetric Felton who is a very quick RB turned receiver. While your on YouTube take a quick peek at Felton's moves!! He's something else with the ball in his hands, electric imo. If we added Smith, Harris and later Felton it would be beyond belief!!

I'm more excited about building the team this way then ripping the whole rebuild plan apart to get Watson. This is the move, believe in what you're doing. This guy Watson gets disgruntled too easily and he thinks it's all about him. STAY THE COURSE!!!!!
Smith is my top guy for Miami as well. For many of the reasons you stated.

I'll be happy with several others, but really hoping for Smith.

Don't disagree on adding Harris, but 18 is a little rich IMO. However, if Miami can add another high second rounder with a trade down, I'd feel better about Harris that high.

Agree with you on Watson. Would be tough to build around him with the cost in draft pick given to Houston.

Reactions: Jed
I have been there since day one. This draft is absolutely loaded with WRs, most of whom, have very similar grades.

The top three guys played at the marquee schools and got lots of press, but I'm not sure that this makes them better candidates-- merely more famous candidates. There are so many WRs that I wouldn't be surprised to see ROY candidates come out of the third or fourth rounds... all it would take would be for a second tier candidate to go to a top end team.
When you start looking at what Miami could get, in terms of wide receivers, at #18 or #36, even #50, I could definitely see Miami going in another direction at #3 (or trade down).

If Parsons didn't have character issues, I think he'd be an easy pick. I don't know enough on the subject to properly gauge the risk factor. But on the field, Parsons is exactly what Miami needs and I still believe he could be the best pass rusher in this class, depending on how he is used.

Back
Top Bottom