Is it Down to these Five? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it Down to these Five?

Personally I'm leaning toward a three-player short list with trading down being the fourth option.
If Miami gets Golladay, how do you see that affecting pick #3?

I know it's hypothetical and probably doesn't happen.

The #3 pick is worth 2200 points. The number 21 pick is worth 800 points. A team trading up could be expected to give 3 number one picks for this pick.

Three starters.

If the team you are trading with... blows up... like Houston did. You get ANOTHER pick this high.

View attachment 69323
I can see the value in that. But only if Miami is okay missing on the top three receivers.

And they might be. I could definitely see fans valuing receivers higher than Grier and Flores.

Of course, free agency will give us some clues. If the Dolphins sign Golladay then I have to believe the team will be targeting a slot receiver. That could be a round two get.

I think at 8 you will have 1 but most likely 2 players left from that list. 4qbs are going very earl
I still think that's the most likely scenario.

Carolina will likely be aggressive in trying to land their quarterback of the future.

It's just so hard to predict durability.

Jake Long had no injuries in college and, after two very impressive seasons in Miami, injuries took their toll and ended what could have been a great career. Frank Gore had that big injury in college, dropping him to the third round, and he's had a long, productive career.

All things being equal, you go with the bigger guy. But the thing that stands out to me with Smith is his easy separation. He has that gliding, easy speed that can fool people. I was impressed with how he stepped up his game when Waddle went down. All the attention on him and he was up to the task. I think he has everything you look for except size. If he were 15 pounds heavier, I don't think people would be talking about it.

Don't know if Smith will ultimately be better than Chase or Waddle. But I'd love to pair him with either guy. That would be a winning draft.
That's NOT TRUE!

He had major shoulder surgery -- the same shoulder that blew out in the NFL!

Long was obviously "pumped up" and once he couldn't lift like he used to that was that.

Has to be the singular MOST OVERRATED player ever on the Dolphins!New-2.JPG

That's NOT TRUE!

He had major shoulder surgery -- the same shoulder that blew out in the NFL!

Long was obviously "pumped up" and once he couldn't lift like he used to that was that.

Has to be the singular MOST OVERRATED player ever on the Dolphins!
I didn't realize that about the shoulder.

Before being injured, he was well above average though.

Most overrated has to be Dion Jordan. Charles Harris is up there. Going back quite a few years Kumerow.

Most overrated has to be Dion Jordan. Charles Harris is up there. Going back quite a few years Kumerow.
I remember when we took Harris really wanting T.J. Watt..I had an inkling he'd be good..great bloodlines/loves football/great motor that never stops..smaller version of JJ. Damn. Not getting him hurts!

I'm talking overrated by the fans around here -- as if Long was some great player for an extended period of time.

Terrific run blocker for a few years --- always shaky in pass Pro. Projected better @RT.

Absolutely horrible pick by Tuna when Ryan was the obvious #1

Set the franchise back for over a decade.

I'm talking overrated by the fans around here -- as if Long was some great player for an extended period of time.

Terrific run blocker for a few years --- always shaky in pass Pro. Projected better @RT.

Absolutely horrible pick by Tuna when Ryan was the obvious #1

Set the franchise back for over a decade.
I agree, Ryan should have been the pick.

I remember when we took Harris really wanting T.J. Watt..I had an inkling he'd be good..great bloodlines/loves football/great motor that never stops..smaller version of JJ. Damn. Not getting him hurts!
That's who I wanted as well. I saw Harris as a rush linebacker. I just think it was a poor fit and that was a big part of why he failed in Miami.

If we stay at #3, its either Smith or Pitts. I wouldn't even consider the others in a top 5 scenario. Waddle top 10 maybe. Sewell and Chase I don't even care to draft.

If we stay at #3, its either Smith or Pitts. I wouldn't even consider the others in a top 5 scenario. Waddle top 10 maybe. Sewell and Chase I don't even care to draft.
I like Pitts and Smith and Chase..no to Sewell...what is it about Chase you don't like...Waddle top 10 would be awesome or even a little outside if we traded up..if not I like Toney @ 18 if we say not to a RB

I like Pitts and Smith and Chase..no to Sewell...what is it about Chase you don't like...Waddle top 10 would be awesome or even a little outside if we traded up..if not I like Toney @ 18 if we say not to a RB
I don't think Chase can be elite in the NFL, and I'm not drafting a WR top 5 that cant be an elite game-changing WR. He can certainly be a good WR in the NFL, but not top 5 good. I don't understand how Chase has worked his way into top 5 discussions.

I don't think Chase can be elite in the NFL, and I'm not drafting a WR top 5 that cant be an elite game-changing WR. He can certainly be a good WR in the NFL, but not top 5 good.
You're about the only person I've heard that doesn't think Chase will be elite..pretty much everyones top wr..waddle, smith, chase, toney...i mean..what leads you to believe he isn't elite..did you watch him during LSU's National Title run? Least you forget..yeah he sat out last year..and will be a top ten pick..if not top five..i want Pitts above all @3 or anywhere but Chase would be my #1 pure WR target if not Pitts...

Back
Top Bottom