Is It Just Me Or Are The Beat Writers Being A Little To Dramatic About The Preseason?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is It Just Me Or Are The Beat Writers Being A Little To Dramatic About The Preseason??

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
You read the articles written by Omar, Beasley, Armando and others & all they are writing about is how bad our LB’s, 2nd CB, DT’s, TE & back up QB are. Last week they were praising Baker & Fales for their performances now they are ripping them.

Don’t get me wrong I want to see the team play well but it’s a very vanilla offense & defense being called & a number of players aren’t even playing. Plus this is a great opportunity for young guys like Baker, McMillian, Minkah, & Gesicki to LEARN so they avoid the mistakes in the regular season. Maybe it’s my aqua colored glasses but I am just not that worried about it, love having RT17 back and what seems to be an improved OL & if Quinn & Wake can keep up that attack I think we will be ok.

Last edited:
It has been a long offseason for everyone, fans and beat-writers included. Most of these headlines will be gone by week 2 of the regular season.

People can choose to be blind to the truth if they want to,but the answer is staring them right in the face, and has been for years. We lost our most disruptive player on defense, and the only play making reciver on the team. And people can clamor about the YPC all the want but that man did keep drives alive, and kept us in games. Yes, we got RT back, but he is still RT a good quarterback not a great one. People keep thinking he will reach his ceiling when he already has reached it. the Pundits are correct,, and anyone thinking we are a Ryan Tannehill away from being back in the playoffs is fooling themselves. Look at the facts of that season all the close games that bounced are way. Soft schedule et.

People can choose to be blind to the truth if they want to,but the answer is staring them right in the face, and has been for years. We lost our most disruptive player on defense, and the only play making reciver on the team. And people can clamor about the YPC all the want but that man did keep drives alive, and kept us in games. Yes, we got RT back, but he is still RT a good quarterback not a great one. People keep thinking he will reach his ceiling when he already has reached it. the Pundits are correct,, and anyone thinking we are a Ryan Tannehill away from being back in the playoffs is fooling themselves. Look at the facts of that season all the close games that bounced are way. Soft schedule et.
I will say this their are morons running this franchise because anyone with half a brain can see the defensive scheme is bad. Just seems like the decisions that are made by the front office is like they are just winging it with no real clear plan or direction.

ahhh, the handwringing in preseason football. rather than posting, maybe just wear a big sign that says "please explain football to me".

Well they do need clicks. As for the drama, back up QB is worth the drama. To me Petty is the best and it’s not close. That’s kind of scary.

I just don't take anything during preseason too seriously. I try not to get too high or low. However the third weeks 1st half is the one to watch and you might really get a glimpse of things to come.

That being said, I can't stand the press! It's not who, what, where, when, how anymore, it's how can I get headlines with commentary!

The thing that gets me with these writers is that they see practice every day. They interview the players and coaches. They tell us in their tweets that what we are seeing in the scrimmage or pre-season games is exactly what they see in practice. That is the thing that hits me gourds.

Back
Top Bottom