Is it my imagination, or is the media not talking much about the Dolphins win over NE? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it my imagination, or is the media not talking much about the Dolphins win over NE?

There is something off with the local media that is spilling over to the MEDIA local media has made a mess of the Tua and FO relationship on purpose because they are tight lipped about their FO made them look dumb about selecting Tua at 5 without moving up when the locals thought they had a leak they were going Herbert

We shouldn’t have won…

Mac Jones looked really good…

why should they talk about it…

The only story from that game is Jones

Why would they? NE has a rookie QB so expectations were low, and we certainly didn't look "good" beating them.
When I say "Nice Birdy" My golf buddy always tells me there is only 1 kind of Bird because they are all Nice

Wins are the same...You can lose ugly but winning ALWAYS looks great in my view. Matter of fact , the more they do it, the better they get.

We shouldn’t have won…

Mac Jones looked really good…

why should they talk about it…

The only story from that game is Jones
Believe what you want. Losing is funny. First you hate it, then you get used to it. After long enough, you get so you depend on losing. That's "Institutionalized Losing."

If they beat the Bills this upcoming Sunday they’ll change their tune. Hoping to smash them Bills in the face, but it’ll probably be another tight contest, it always is when it’s a divisional game.

Believe what you want. Losing is funny. First you hate it, then you get used to it. After long enough, you get so you depend on losing. That's "Institutionalized Losing."

what are you talking about???

you think the fins should should have won that game?

What happens if Harris doesn’t fumble?

Oh, fun the what-if game...what if Waddle catches that crucial 3rd down drop. What if Gesicki manages to knock the ball down before the INT. What if my aunt had balls? What if I win the lottery tomorrow and buy finheaven and start banning people like a crazed dictator.

What happens if the bogus roughing the passes was rightfully called a sack?

What happens If kindley isn't too far down field on the Smythe conversion?

What happens If Waddle catches that pass?

What happens If before the INT, 1 of the 3 times it touches a Phin player they catch it or atleast knock it down?

What happens if the Refs remembered they can call holding on the Patriots?

What happens if Wilson actually fights for the ball, adjusts on the beautifully thrown pass in the end zone?

I can give you more "What happens if" to justify the phins winning this game then you can give supporting a Pat's win.

I'm not here to fulfill your furry fantasies.
I appreciate you being concerned about my fantasies, so since you asked it would definitely fulfill my fantasy for negative people to dump their garbage somewhere else. Don’t you think we have enough negativity in our lives and in our society without being able to enjoy one GD MD win on the road vs our rival? Can we do that please? If we suck and lose by three TDs have at it if that blows your skirt up, but can we enjoy a damn win please? Thank you. I know it’s all a fantasy

Is it my imagination, or is the media not talking much about the Dolphins win over NE?

I've seen a lot of reviews of other games this weekend, but not much about the Dolphins. Since NE was part of that game, I would have expected more coverage, not less.
Ray - You're not imagining it. You are correct, again. A couple of factors appear to be in play. There were some other Offenses that really lit it up over teams that were successful last year eg Arizona over Tennessee, New Orleans over Green Bay (38 - 3). Even the Pittsburgh win over Buffalo was big surprise and das wunderkind (Josh Allen) didn't look quite so special. Cleveland had a stranglehold on the Chiefs in the first half but found a way to lose due to the incomparable Mahomes. All these games had some unexpected surprises.
The other factor is that many seem to be discounting/dismissing the quality of the Dolphin win. Mac Jones played really great and showed great maturity but to the football media who only watch 47 seconds of highlights from the game, the Dolphins narrowly beat a rookie in his very first game in a relatively low scoring game. I think that it was a really good tough, gritty win by Miami, but the football media is looking for sexy, glitzy big scoring, not tough and gritty. Coach Flo knew how to keep it close because of his knowledge of New England and Belichick. He was just focused on a win, not getting the kudos from the talking heads - Skip Bayliss, Chris Simms, Colin Cowherd, Stephen A Smith, Kyle Brandt, et al.

BTW - I expect Miami to be more creative in some other games but this was New England at Foxboro.

Last edited:
Not sure. I don’t pay attention to the media during the week. It doesn’t concern me what is said about the team. Winning is the only thing that makes a difference.

I was at the game - First time at Gillette. Good experience all around - insane tailgate with a friend of my good friend that is Boston grown true and good Pats fan. His buddy's family runs a catering place and a high end pizza restaurant in Southie I mean it was crazy good and despite my son and I wearing fins gear they were all good you could have real football talk with them. I am invited back and will do this every single year.

So unsatisfying. On the one hand - the roughing passer/brady rule call was AWFUL and that led to their only touchdown. SO the glass is half full "they really didn't score a TD on us at all". I won't do the glass is half empty I'll leave that to 80% of finheaven posters. But I'll do a level set live and in person review of our team.

Not much pressure on the Rook. Too much respect/fear and indeed his release is FAST. I fear he is pretty decent. WTF is our pass rush/pressure D???

Bend don't break - OK but a little too much. That fortunate fumble late might make us overlook that but we better be MUCH better against Bills at home.

Tua - I didn't want him on the Fins ONLY because of his injury history - NOTHING else. Not cause he is small, not cause he doesn't have a cannon, just the injury history period. We picked him and I immediately bought his jersey, I embraced him cause I am a 60 year old 50 year homer fan and pray he gets it done. He didn't blow me away. That said, the play calling on offense and the O line SUCKED. Either the Pats D is that fearsome and they shut down the quick stuff early but I didn't understand our 3rd down calls. Hate to say it but not feeling like Tua is the guy to take the ball and bring us to the promised land. I DONT WANT A GAME MANAGER I WANT A F*&CKNG STUD PLAYMAKER. Now week one is done and I live in NYC metro area and have to hear about Wilson and how he looks the part and how Mac Jones has one of the top 5 quickest releases in week 1. I agree Tua has been treated poorly in the media but people are actually thinking the Jets may beat New England next week. I NEED to see something special from Tua, crappy O Line on no. It's gotta happen and please if you are throwing the ball away throw the ball away. I guess if the pats beat the Jets 30-3 I will feel better.

I know, I know week one overreactions to a win I should savor but I walked out of Gillette feeling "pats lost we didn't win" As Teddy KGB said in Rounders "so unsatisfying"

Attachments

• Foxboro.jpg
    Foxboro.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 5
Brady made NE. They’re no longer noteworthy especially since it’s becoming increasingly obvious Brady carried Bill. So, it’s no longer an accomplishment beating them. Neither team played well either

Back
Top Bottom