Is it our time to lose for the better part of a decade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it our time to lose for the better part of a decade?

PerfectFinz72

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've been a Dolphin fan since 1989. Up until the last few years, I haven't experienced losing seasons at all. I think the worst they were since I've been following was 8-8 (up until 2004 when we went 4-12). Which brings me to my question, are we due for 5-10 years of losing before it gets turned around?

Doesn't it seem that at one point or another, teams fall from grace before they return to glory? Look at the 49ers. They were dominate while I was growing up, now they're a joke and have been that way for a few years. The Bengals, Bears and Cardinals lost a ton throughout the 90's and the Bengals and Bears are winning again (Cards are still in limbo).

Is it our turn? It just seems that most teams don't just reload after a bad season or two, they take a major hit and it takes them a while to get back up. This thought has me very worried. Am I overreacting here or are we in some big trouble?

History has proven that it would be very hard for THIS franchise to have 5-10 losing seasons in a period of time without some winning. Heck this franchise doesn't even have more than what? 8 losing seasons in history? Wayne Huizenga certainly will not accept a losing season, and Nick Saban is too good of a coach to HAVE losing seasons. We have the talent necessary to be at minimum a 500. team. Why that talent is underachieving right now is the question.

Where is the Chris Chambers of last year?

Where is the Randy McMichael who is a star at TE waiting to break out?

Will Daunte Culpepper ever be healthy enough to be his former self?

And then you have the core of defenders in Zach, Jason, Carter, Traylor etc. Who are solid players, but for whatever reason just aren't as dominant a defense as they should be. Especially in crunch time. I know the secondary is horrific, but this team registered much more sacks last year than it did this year with this same core of d-linemen and MORE.

So as long as we maintain the players we have it will be hard to continue losing like this. Especially when Nick Saban brings the people he wants in, in.

WarriorWelker83 said:
History has proven that it would be very hard for THIS franchise to have 5-10 losing seasons in a period of time without some winning. Heck this franchise doesn't even have more than what? 8 losing seasons in history? Wayne Huizenga certainly will not accept a losing season, and Nick Saban is too good of a coach to HAVE losing seasons. We have the talent necessary to be at minimum a 500. team. Why that talent is underachieving right now is the question.

Where is the Chris Chambers of last year?

Where is the Randy McMichael who is a star at TE waiting to break out?

Will Daunte Culpepper ever be healthy enough to be his former self?

And then you have the core of defenders in Zach, Jason, Carter, Traylor etc. Who are solid players, but for whatever reason just aren't as dominant a defense as they should be. Especially in crunch time. I know the secondary is horrific, but this team registered much more sacks last year than it did this year with this same core of d-linemen and MORE.

So as long as we maintain the players we have it will be hard to continue losing like this. Especially when Nick Saban brings the people he wants in, in.

Do you actually live in the city or near Philly? I actually live about 15 minutes outside of Philly. It's nice to see some local Dolphin fans. Good post btw!

Back
Top Bottom