Is it remotely possible that Ross is actually sabotaging the fins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it remotely possible that Ross is actually sabotaging the fins?

Possible?

• >1% chance

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • no chance

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • Screw Ross he probably bets against us in Vegas every year

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
Of course not...

but that said.

I always got the feeling that bringing Suh here was Ross' idea not T-bum's.

He is 'involved' in the football operations, which is NOT a good thing for the Dolphins.

T-bum is a BUM he should NEVER have been a consultant to Ross, much less whatever his title is now.

Greer should have REALLY been given the GM JOB instead of just JUNIOR GM,
or whatever the FCK it is he is doing instead of REALLY being the GM.

I love that people are gathering around a fansite message board to call a self made multi billionaire and one the largest real estate developers in the country (if not the world), an idiot and a fool because his toy is broken.

Carry on guys.

Nothing personal against anyone Jewish. I’m a Jew myself. Jews like associating with other Jews. Especially in business. I think the Jewish/friend connection goes very far here.
I agree. There is a low key Jewish network. Mr Ross probably respects Tannenbaum's inclination to do a deal. However, the cultural connection (note it's not religious) will mean little if the team doesn't improve rapidly.
It's also probably not a coincidence that Tom Garfinkel is doing a good job running the business side of the team. All we now need is to swoop on Josh Rosen in the Draft...
(הבה נגילה)

Last edited:
Or chasing Michigan alums across the country while he still has a coach under contract. That was boneheaded.

I love that people are gathering around a fansite message board to call a self made multi billionaire and one the largest real estate developers in the country (if not the world), an idiot and a fool because his toy is broken.

Carry on guys.

Ahhh yes of course we should just bow to the king like the peasants we are lol. All of us are invested in this team heavily obviously and this page is our voice to speak amongst ourselves and share the good and the bad of the Miami Dolphins. While we may not be self made bazillionaires (which is obviously commendable) we should still have a voice and opinion in the matter. The name calling is a bit much but it is possible that Mr Ross, while a world class brilliant mind in a lot things, may not have the knack for the football business.

Personally I appreciate what Ross has done with the stadium and you can tell he cares about the team. Just looks like he can't really hire well.

Carry on guys.

Just because you're very smart in business doesn't make you a genius of all things. Stephen Hawkins is certified genius but I'm sure we have guys here who have him beat in football knowledge.

Yes, I know, it's highly unlikely. Up to this point I would have said it was impossible, that Ross is just clueless, but at least he spends money. But now I ask myself: Is there a 1% chance that Ross has decided for some reason he would rather the team not win? Looking at the facts... I'm beginning to consider it.

• He fired Hickey after 2 years of what was in my opinion the best GM work we've had in decades.
  • He then replaced him with a proven organization killer. Proven. Repeatedly. From day one this man has come in here and done the same thing to our organization that he did in the past.
  • Owners don't have to win to be profitable in the NFL.
  • He has no problem giving away home games to London.
  • While Ross himself doesn't seem like the type of guy to do this, I absolutely would not put it past Roger Goodel or the league to encourage something like this that allows them to control (or simply have knowledge of) the 'winners' and 'losers' of the NFL.
  • He definitely seems to have some kind of New York connection going on with terrible people (how else would Tannenbum have a job) that he values over winning football games.
  • Doesn't seem to have any problem with Tannenbaum's splash signings that increase exposure while screwing over the team.

I admit all of this is just a conspiracy theory, but is it... possible?

k.gif

If you think a very well renowned business man would spentd hundreds of millions of dollars on a sports franchise only to sabotage it, then I have some magic beans to sell you.

This is just plain stupid.

Nothing personal against anyone Jewish. I’m a Jew myself. Jews like associating with other Jews. Especially in business. I think the Jewish/friend connection goes very far here.

Interesting.....I've never even thought of that angle but now it seem to have some merit...especially in the sense that he is keeping him beyond when he should (not that he ever should have been hired in the 1st place) out of some loyalty or bond with them both being Jews.....I wonder if someone who wasn't Jewish would have the same long leash that Ross is giving Tannenturd.

Unfortunately, I think the biggest problem with Ross is his difficulty with balancing loyalty with a desire to win.

I don’t question his desire to field a winning team. He makes poor decisions based on loyalty to certain individuals who aren’t performing.

In addition, he doesn’t seem to value track record. He’s always looking for the “next big thing” rather than hiring experienced winners. I just don’t understand why a guy like Coughlin was never an option for him. Or why an experienced head coach is rarely an option. You don’t always have to search for “the next Shula”. Enough with the first-time head coaches.

As much as we like to bash meeting with Harbaugh while Sparano was still employed, I wish he could have pulled it off.

I am sure what Ross knows about football is pretty close to what Robert Kraft knows about football. The only thing Ross seems to be hands on with is hiring the executives and the head coach, but the owner kind of has to be. You might hate those people, but there has never been anything totally off the wall with any of those hirings or firings.

It's like when people blame or credit a President for whatever the murder rate is at any particular time. Yeah, if the President did something really wacky, like let every single violent prisoner out of jail, or, at the opposite end of the spectrum, locked up without trial every single person in the country who arguably had any sort of violent tendencies, the crime rate would go up or down a lot. But that's not what really happens.

In other words, barring something extreme, the owner generally doesn't have much to do with whether the team wins or loses. Beyond essentially guessing correctly or incorrectly as to a few hires, how the team performs is beyond the owner's control.

I don't think he's deliberately sabotaging the team. He's sabotaging the team because he has no idea how to run a football organization.

I've written before that I think the Dolphins will have a hard time becoming a winner with Ross at the helm. People have pushed back that he's a good owner; that he doesn't interfere (well, aside from that fiasco with Harbaugh and then hiring a GM but really having Tannenbaum do all the stuff the GM should be handling). The biggest problem is he so often doesn't hire qualified people not to interfere with. Then his sense of timing on when to make changes has been off.

He might be a great guy. He might be a good guy to work for. He just hasn't shown me any reason to believe he can head up a winning professional sports franchise.

I am sure what Ross knows about football is pretty close to what Robert Kraft knows about football. The only thing Ross seems to be hands on with is hiring the executives and the head coach, but the owner kind of has to be. You might hate those people, but there has never been anything totally off the wall with any of those hirings or firings.

It's like when people blame or credit a President for whatever the murder rate is at any particular time. Yeah, if the President did something really wacky, like let every single violent prisoner out of jail, or, at the opposite end of the spectrum, locked up without trial every single person in the country who arguably had any sort of violent tendencies, the crime rate would go up or down a lot. But that's not what really happens.

In other words, barring something extreme, the owner generally doesn't have much to do with whether the team wins or loses. Beyond essentially guessing correctly or incorrectly as to a few hires, how the team performs is beyond the owner's control.

But you can give an owner like Kahn some major credit for seeing the light and hiring Coughlin.

That’s a problem with Ross. He doesn’t learn from past mistakes. He just makes them again.

Seems highly unlikely. Then again, this level of incompetence seems highly unlikely to be possible without being on purpose too. So who the hell knows.

Back
Top Bottom