Is it right to be worried about how much yards we give up in defense? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it right to be worried about how much yards we give up in defense?

Our defense is difficult to go against in the red zone because we tend to blitz heavy and that press coverage is tough to react to without time. Here is a nice breakdown from Brian Baldinger

Baldinger Tweet

I read something the other day, a tweet I think that said Miami rated as one of the best tackling teams after week 1.

I would say yes, if we see it persist in the next few games then there is only so long we can ride our luck for. I thought we gave up a lot of soft 3rd down conversions on Sunday and that was a factor in the TOP numbers, that's got to be cleaned up. The positive thing though as others pointed out, despite all the possesion the Cheats had, all the yardage they gained, we gave up just one TD and a few FGs, to sum up 16 total points. That would suggest we got our red zone D right, which is the most important thing. Keep your opponents to that number of points each week and you will win more than you lose.

The D is a work in progress, just like the rest of the team, no point in peaking in September tbh.

3rd down D stunk. It was top notch last year, and should get better going forward.

I remember the Vikings (I always follow the Vikings my grandfather was from Minnesota so we used to watch the games with him when I was a kid) I remember the year they went 6 and 0 they were 4 and 0 in preseason. Next thing you know they were seven and nine or nine and seven didn't make the playoffs so it's not over till it's over you got to see where we're at mid-season really.

Right now, I just assess where each group is. Right now, a win is huge. The nay-saying is fine but I had a huge group here watching the game and everyone went home happy as hell we won.

Regardless, this was a huge game for us, and won. That's really the bottom line.

Back
Top Bottom