Is it time to go get a Center? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it time to go get a Center?

Is this staff the same as the others?
No. But this staff has so far not done much more than the others to fix it... the same as others. Yeah yeah Armstead, but as soon as he gets injured, we are pretty much the same garbage as last year.

I understand it can't be all fixed in 1 year but the point of my response is until a staff has proven it can field a good o line, how can anyone defend this?

No. But this staff has so far not done much more than the others to fix it... the same as others. Yeah yeah Armstead, but as soon as he gets injured, we are pretty much the same garbage as last year.

I understand it can't be all fixed in 1 year but the point of my response is until a staff has proven it can field a good o line, how can anyone defend this?
I can't promise this line will be good but I see a lot of reasons why it should be better. Have to accept that nobody ever fields a full OL of all stars. The good ones scout and develop well and maintain a semblance of continuity from season to season.

Defend what exactly?

Armstead and Williams are 2 top level linemen. Would I still look for a Center if I can find one at near vet min on a 1 year? Yes. But I have faith in developing our very young vets (AJ, Eich, Deiter, etc.) with solid coaching and the new scheme. Our OL will be much improved over previous years.

Armstead and Williams are 2 top level linemen. Would I still look for a Center if I can find one at near vet min on a 1 year? Yes. But I have faith in developing our very young vets (AJ, Eich, Deiter, etc.) with solid coaching and the new scheme. Our OL will be much improved over previous years.
I'm hoping for the same thing, but I'm not ready to say I'm confident in that unit... not even close

Defend what exactly?
My original post was replying to someone who was replying to someone else (haha) about how they are very confident in the line and was saying how improved that unit was. The person I replied to was in the same view as me. So I was asking, how can anyone defend this unit after all the garbage that's been put on the field for the last 10 years. Or something like that... I cant really remember.

I'm sure this didn't clear it up because even when I read it it doesn't make sense! Lol.

I can't promise this line will be good but I see a lot of reasons why it should be better. Have to accept that nobody ever fields a full OL of all stars. The good ones scout and develop well and maintain a semblance of continuity from season to season.
Ummmmm... Dallas in the 90's???

My original post was replying to someone who was replying to someone else (haha) about how they are very confident in the line and was saying how improved that unit was. The person I replied to was in the same view as me. So I was asking, how can anyone defend this unit after all the garbage that's been put on the field for the last 10 years. Or something like that... I cant really remember.

I'm sure this didn't clear it up because even when I read it it doesn't make sense! Lol.
Heh!

Fair enough...

Myself, I am cautiously optimistic. I can't find any logic in blaming the current coaches for the errors and failures of the past. We've hired several experienced offensive line coaches this time and paired them with a known offensive guru-type head coach.

Yes, it remains to be seen if it will work, but the early camp results are promising.

Colts with Peyton and Addai whwn they won the superbowl?
Was that a loaded OL?

I remember Jeff Saturday and Tarik Glenn who were Pro Bowlers but the rest of the OL was regular guys.

Connor Williams does not seem to be getting any better at shotgun snapping. Every day he's having issues. I wonder if it's one of those Chuck Knoblauch psychological things where he couldn't throw the ball to first. I mean snapping out of the gun shouldn't be that difficult for a professional athlete. Dieter's in a boot and who's next in line, Pankey?----Sheesh! Go get someone with some experience before the season is upon us, at least as an insurance policy.
What I haven't seen anyone mention is that he must be doing something right or Tua wouldn't be able to step up into the pocket like he has been in practice. So far his snapping hasn't caused any turnovers in practice and they have been working on his snapping. I would be more concerned with him getting beat and letting the pocket collapse.

That Dallas OL 2015 was pretty damn good.

LTTyron Smith*25416
LGLa'el Collins22Rook11
CTravis Frederick*24216
RGZack Martin*251161 fumble recovered
RTDoug Free31816
* Pro bowl selection & 2nd team All-pro
That is probably the only outlier and they had to use 3 early 1st rounders to do it.

Plus they got Collins at a big discount because of his Draft misadventure.

That was a lot of $$$$ tied up in the OL and that might have been why they were unable to win anything with such a great OL.

Not going back over the whole fiasco of an exchange, but the way I read it was "how can anyone defend what the FO did in the offseason". I could have been totally wrong about the implication.

It's easy to conflate things though when you get 4 or 5 posters mixing it up.

Back
Top Bottom