Is it too early for a 2016 NFL draft, Re-draft? Next year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it too early for a 2016 NFL draft, Re-draft? Next year?

Quadfather

Club Member
Reaction score
How many teams are kicking themselves right now for not taking Laremy Tunsil before the dolphins took him at 13th overall? In a redraft you would have to put him at 2nd overall right? I put him at 2nd because Carson Wentz has done so well, I just don't see a Left tackle taken over a franchise QB, but no doubt the dolphins got themselves a steal! Thank you for whomever put that video out!

Also, going into next years draft, I had RB high on the list of the dolphins needs. With the emergence of Jay Ajayi, I no longer see that as a big need for the dolphins. Before his two amazing 200 yard performances, I had Delvin Cook, Leonard Fournette and Christian Mccaffrey high on the dolphins draft board with Cook my favorite of the three. Of course I no longer see it that way.

Who are your top players you like in next years draft and needs you see for us now that it is mid-way through the season? Before the emergence of the amazing two 200 yard games by Jay Ajayi, I thought RB would be a top need for us, with Devlin Cook, Leonard Fournette and others as top options for us, but not anymore. Now I think we need to go defense. My favorite guy right now is Myles Garrett, DE, from Texas A&M. I hear he is like Von Miller, more explosive Joey Bosa and Jevon Kearse with 25 pounds added to him. I'd love to get him, but I hear he's already shooting up draft boards and could be a top 5 pick now. The other guy I really like is ILB Raekwon McMillan from THE Ohio State University. CB or FS is another need, but overall I think the fins need to go defense early and often in next years draft.

what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tunsil has been a godsend! And he should be able to man the LT for a decade once ALbert is gone/moved.

We' ll need front 7 help. DEs are getting up there and LBs need talent. Secondary could use some help too though Jones, Howard and Lippett with his development are good core. We could use an all around TE too, but I prefer D with first picks.

Garrett is out of Texas A&m though. Alabama has a couple stud DLs you may be thinking of... I think he'll be gone before our pick barring injury or embarrassing video though...

No I'm thinking of Garrett. Thanks for the correction. I think I did get him mixed up with some of those great defenders from Alabama though.

I would love to trade down and draft Reuben Foster, LB, from Alabama. He is a sure, hard tackler and he can cover! Or take Jabrill Peppers.

Allen or Foster from Bama would instantly improve this defense a good bit.

I would love to trade down and draft Reuben Foster, LB, from Alabama. He is a sure, hard tackler and he can cover! Or take Jabrill Peppers.

Trade down? He should be a top 10-15 pick and that's being kind, which is usually right around where we pick. This isn't a Reggie Ragland player where we can get away with trading down and maybe he'll slide. Much much better than Ragland.

I was saying this with us having an top 6-8 pick! Right now a lot of mocks have him in the 15-20 range. I watch this kid every weekend and he is a beast!

I'd still consider taking fournette depending where we draft.

Ajayi is good, has looked amazing the past 2 games. It helped the defense and the qb also perform better andmlead to wins. I advocated drafting Zeke, Gurley and Gordon in the last 2 drafts.

We shouldn't be looking for a productive or good run game, we should try to be the best run team in the NFL. If you wajt tannehill to succeed, that's clearly what he needs.

I was saying this with us having an top 6-8 pick! Right now a lot of mocks have him in the 15-20 range. I watch this kid every weekend and he is a beast!

I gotcha, Id rather that pick but a beast he is

Back
Top Bottom