Is it Too Early to Question the Coaching Staff? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it Too Early to Question the Coaching Staff?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Look, I want Brian Flores to succeed. I like everything he said during training camp. His philosophy seems sound, especially when talking about being multiple and changing from one week to the next. He talks smart and physical teams. His background is with the Patriots so he has seen success and knows what it takes to get there.

It isn't lost on me that Miami has started the season against some of the best teams in football. This was a tough stretch of games. But, Miami hasn't really been competitive in any games and the second halves, in particular, have been terrible. I know Flores is a first year coach and there's an adjustment period.

I also know this rebuild can't be successful unless you've got the right people leading the charge. Is it too early to question Flores and company?

I think it's too early NOW.
But this team needs a win against the Skins after the bye, or there's gonna start to be some legitimate questioning.
I've so far given them the benefit of the doubt for the atrocious 2nd halves we've had, and not coming close to playing a full game.

Btw, this roster is not built to win right now so you can't judge him on wins and loses. Is the team playing hard? Are some of the guys getting better? We're getting guys off the street and playing them the same week. That's not easy to do. The last two weeks we should have been leading at halftime. Give the guy some time.

Question away but we've got him for a couple more years.

Btw, this roster is not built to win right now so you can't judge him on wins and loses. Is the team playing hard? Are some of the guys getting better? We're getting guys off the street and playing them the same week. That's not easy to do. The last two weeks we should have been leading at halftime. Give the guy some time.
Guys are playing hard despite the rhetoric.

People have been questioning Flores since the day he got hired. We can question all we want but he'll still be here next year. Ross didn't give him a 5 year contract just to fire him after one season.
Right!
But if this staff leads the team to the worst offensive AND defensive ranking EVER posted by an NFL team. is the staff on a short leash next season?

I will tell you who is earning their paycheck. That oline coach. It would be more noticeable if we had a QB that read the field better.

Right!
But if this staff leads the team to the worst offensive AND defensive ranking EVER posted by an NFL team. is the staff on a short leash next season?
Two year full rebuild. Ross has agreed to it.

Right!
Depends on why, I guess.

If it's lack of talent, no.

Right!
Nope. No leash til season three.

Back
Top Bottom