Is it Too Early to Question the Coaching Staff? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it Too Early to Question the Coaching Staff?

New coaches are allowed to purge the roster to get their players. It just a happy circumstance that one of his players is Tua. He seems to favor competition (Rosen/Fitz, Tua/Rosen/Fitz). Ride the snake.

This is as talentless a roster as we've ever seen. We're seeing small improvements as the weeks roll along and the players are playing hard - they're just not very good.

People have been questioning Flores since the day he got hired. We can question all we want but he'll still be here next year. Ross didn't give him a 5 year contract just to fire him after one season.

Contract length for a head coach means nothing

Yes, question the staff...in the end I doubt it matters as they will be here next year.

The defense does not much talent, but I thought we might see more production (sacks, TOs and big plays) from scheme. I also hoped to see better fundamentals on D...tackling, gap discipline. There have been improvements - hopefully that trend continues. Flores is not going anywhere this offseason, but he'll be doing an interesting evaluation of his staff after the season.

Look, I want Brian Flores to succeed. I like everything he said during training camp. His philosophy seems sound, especially when talking about being multiple and changing from one week to the next. He talks smart and physical teams. His background is with the Patriots so he has seen success and knows what it takes to get there.

It isn't lost on me that Miami has started the season against some of the best teams in football. This was a tough stretch of games. But, Miami hasn't really been competitive in any games and the second halves, in particular, have been terrible. I know Flores is a first year coach and there's an adjustment period.

I also know this rebuild can't be successful unless you've got the right people leading the charge. Is it too early to question Flores and company?
No...he can questioned for every decision made or not made. It's his first HC experience and he's going to make mistakes. Too many is not acceptable.

Flores... no... but Grier... one could only hope.

The guy can get value in trades but rhe draft... not so much.

Btw, this roster is not built to win right now so you can't judge him on wins and loses. Is the team playing hard? Are some of the guys getting better? We're getting guys off the street and playing them the same week. That's not easy to do. The last two weeks we should have been leading at halftime. Give the guy some time.
That is the problem. I don't see anyone that is better. Parker is better at high pointing the ball. Online still can't pick up blitzes or stunts. Ballage is worse, grant has regressed. Gase said he wasn't a slot, and he is not. He shouldn't be used in slot. Not sure if our tight ends are better because we never have time to throw to them. Harris is exactly the same. Baker has no tackles behind the line of scrimmage. None. No impact plays. Sanders has regressed. I think everyone should have expected that because we loss rizzi. I know I am not shocked he is struggling with rizzi gone. Rizzi fixed his technique.
McMillan has improved. So basically McMillan and parker (high pointing the ball) That is concerning.

Playing hard? Dude they played hard under Cam Cameron. Would you want to keep him just cause they played hard?

Back
Top Bottom