Is It Us? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is It Us?

You know when someone has had many girlfriends/wives and none of the relationships seem to work out? At first you think it's them and not you, but after some time you have to say that maybe it could be you. Is that the Fins? We haven't been to a Super Bowl since Marino's rookie season in the 80's. We haven't won one since the 70's. We've tried all kinds of coaches, czars, GM's, QB's, coordinators, schemes, etc... but nothing works. Do we have to ask, "Is it us?"
No. You never ask that question.

it's ALWAYS the crazy bitch. :lol:

I'm wondering if the Miami nightlife and way of life is making players not care much.

No need to wonder, friend. It absolutely has an impact on the players. Guys come here to party and have fun in the off-season. The Dolphins sign them and they get to live here year round? Yeah, whether anyone likes to admit it or not, it's an issue. Most recently, heard this was a big issue with Devante Parker. Guy was apparently sighted dancing on tables at a local nightclub... while he had an ankle injury.

I think at this point, it might be time to bite the bullet and admit that you need a coach like Mike Tomlin who is too 'street' for your liking, but understands that he can't control a bunch of grown ass men 24 hours a day and just coaches to the best of his abilities with a bunch of knuckleheads while letting them be knuckleheads.

I just see more damage being done to players morale, and not using the young players we have to see what we have in there abilities and how they fit the team. I like where we are now with a new coach as they will be able to put roots down. I want a coach that wants to be here and put together something special.

Well perhaps, but a second bad coach quickly swept away will likely have a big impression on them as well. A bit of damned if you do damned if you don't. Rebuilding is tough sledding, just a fact. If it's going to work, it requires tough guys who can push through that or they get left behind.

We're one of the (many) bad organizations. One of the problems we've had is that we never truly bottom-out other than 2007.

It all starts from the top. The fact that Grier has been here twenty years isn't a good thing.
In the immortal words of Captain Hook:

“It’s not you, it’s Smee”

I believe it used to be a combination of the cities culture and the the stadium, I used to say it’s gonna take special players to win in this town and in that stadium..

I think it’s a tough place to keep 53 players hungry.

I think you need a special coach who totally brainwashes the players to run through walls for him..

I dont think the stadium is a problem anymore ..

you don't have to bottom out. you need gm that understand future of football.. for example I knew thill17 was not answer. 4yr ago. so somebody in front office had to know that as well. as much as I have talk bad about thill17. I guess it time to keep thill17 until u find his replacement. you let 2 good class qb past and now you saying we need qb. this is what killing dolphins. who ever was drafting last 3 yr hurt dolphins rather than help dolphins in future.

You know when someone has had many girlfriends/wives and none of the relationships seem to work out? At first you think it's them and not you, but after some time you have to say that maybe it could be you. Is that the Fins? We haven't been to a Super Bowl since Marino's rookie season in the 80's. We haven't won one since the 70's. We've tried all kinds of coaches, czars, GM's, QB's, coordinators, schemes, etc... but nothing works. Do we have to ask, "Is it us?"

We have not had a qb on this roster since Marino. Everyone else was filler. Chad Pennington had the mind set of a leader but his body was broken. RT was drafted to be the man but he was always a project. It is definitely us. It seems like we can't start a fire with a can of gas and a lighter .

A good amount of NFL teams fall under this spectrum, our entire division for instance. Not to mention only the Broncos, Ravens, Colts, Patriots, and Steelers have won SB's for the AFC the last 20 years with only Oakland and Tennessee making an appearance outside of those 5 teams.

It's us in the regard that we never get the right girl. We always go for the calm Cameron, Philbin, Gase types.
We need a wild thing to come in here and shake up the place.
Seriously, Davie is just boring. Bring in a Kris Richard, a well respected guy to get some excitement back. Let this transfer to the players. We also need a QB with some fire. Get a guy who lives to win with Richard and the skies the limit.

Back
Top Bottom