Is it worth looking into? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it worth looking into?

zephon

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is it worth looking into a deal with Detroit?

The #2 pick for Det. #10, QB-Joey Harrington, and Det 3rd round pick?

With Detroit likely interested in Alex Smith...this trade gives them their shot at him.

On the flip for us....gives us a 3rd year qb who's signing bonus wouldn't effect us in the salary cap, the #10 pick allows for either another trade down for more picks or taking Caddy, DJ, Merriman, Williamson. Also get the addition of another high 3rd round pick.

I've never liked Harrington. I thought he was overrated at Oregon, and was shocked he was picked as high as he was. He flew up the draft boards the 2 weeks prior to that years draft.

All that said, I like the idea of adding picks, lessing the salary cap burden of drafting a player at #2 overall (noone in this draft is worth the contract Oakland gave to Gallery at #2 last year). Of course I'd prefer Kevin Jones over Harrington but that's not happening.

This is not a rumor! It's just something I came up with.....that may be obvious :)

Thoughts?

You think hes overated but you still want him??!!....Are you Wanny??....Harrington is overrated.

Harrington is overrated, yet he had 19 TDs to 12 INTs last year and is making the natural progression for a young quarterback?

KB21 said:
Harrington is overrated, yet he had 19 TDs to 12 INTs last year and is making the natural progression for a young quarterback?

True and Rogers has been out..I thought he had more Int's then that.

honestly i would not mind trading down and harrington still could turn into a decent qb maybe harrington there #1 and 3rd this year and next?

musphinzfan said:
You think hes overated but you still want him??!!....Are you Wanny??....Harrington is overrated.

I do think there's value in Harrington and the trade in general. Harrington could continue to progress, if so we hit. If he's not able to beat out Feely or Gus, trade him for a 2nd round pick next year. If it came down to trading Harrington for a 2nd next year, we would end up with trading the #2 overall for the #10 overall, #10 in the 3rd this year, and a 2nd next year. Not great but not bad either considering there are no true elite players in this draft.

It was just an idea.

Back
Top Bottom