Is Ja’Marr chase worth pick number 1? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Ja’Marr chase worth pick number 1?

i like Chase as a receiver but to me it is more important for us to get Parsons and shore up our linebacker. I only say that as I am also very high on D Smith and Bateman. The gap between Parsons and the next linebacker is a lot greater than the gap betweeen Chase and Smith, if there is one at all at this point

40 time does effect draft stock but you just have to be fast enough to be effective. People place so much importance on it as they equate speed to separation ability but the timed speed in a sprint must match the game tape for me to take it seriously. I don't care if you run a sub 4.4, if that doesn't translate into separation ability on tape than it doesn't matter.

You can also separate through being physical and the line of scrimmage and running crisp routes. We got Landry because he didn't run a fast 40 and that worked out great for us!

timed speed effects wr draft stock more than anything
I agree, I just don't think they should.

Unless you run so slow as to be clearly unqualified the 40 time is being over valued.

I am not saying it does not matter at all, but route running, quickness in and out of breaks and hands are more important.

I agree, I just don't think they should.

Unless you run so slow as to be clearly unqualified the 40 time is being over valued.

I am not saying it does not matter at all, but route running, quickness in and out of breaks and hands are more important.

I think it effects corners more than anything.

I'm not sure that I agree... Jerry Rice wasn't super fast. Speed is just one facet of being a good WR. Hell, Grant is fast. Ted Ginn was fast...

It's certainly one part of an evaluation, but I agree that it is a bit overrated.
I'll take separation over speed any day. But if a player has speed and knows how to use it, watch out. Can't teach that.

i like Chase as a receiver but to me it is more important for us to get Parsons and shore up our linebacker. I only say that as I am also very high on D Smith and Bateman. The gap between Parsons and the next linebacker is a lot greater than the gap betweeen Chase and Smith, if there is one at all at this point

40 time does effect draft stock but you just have to be fast enough to be effective. People place so much importance on it as they equate speed to separation ability but the timed speed in a sprint must match the game tape for me to take it seriously. I don't care if you run a sub 4.4, if that doesn't translate into separation ability on tape than it doesn't matter.

You can also separate through being physical and the line of scrimmage and running crisp routes. We got Landry because he didn't run a fast 40 and that worked out great for us!
Unfortunately, I think Miami would have to trade up for Parsons at this point. Houston is currently projected to pick 11th overall and I can't see Parsons dropping out of the top 10.

I agree with you on the drop off after him.

I'll take separation over speed any day. But if a player has speed and knows how to use it, watch out. Can't teach that.
Yup an outstanding player with size and speed will beat an outstanding player without it.

I hate it when someone will refer to an athletically limited player who has succeeded and say... he managed to be really good. My answer is always, but just imagine if he'd been bigger... or faster...

He ended up with 7 for 171 and 2 scores.

If he gets the ball in space he is gone.

I am feeling better and better about taking him with Houston's pick.

Back
Top Bottom