Is Ja’Marr chase worth pick number 1? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Ja’Marr chase worth pick number 1?

After yesterdays loss, even bigger reason why Miami must use it's first 1st round pick on Micah Parsons.

Until we finally fix the LB squad, teams will run on us at will. Micah can help against the run, but also can fall into coverage, and is a reliable blitzer. Get him, and the defense will be pretty much ready.

Chase is fine, and if Parsons is not there when Miami uses it's 1st pick, then picking Chase would work, but to me if Miami picked Parsons, then with their second 1st round pick, took Devonta Smith, that would probably be as good a 1st round draft as they could have.

I am sure Tua would love to hear Smith's named called with the second 1st round pick.

I’d rather take 2 WRs in the first. We need playmakers so bad.

Chase is special. His ability to destroy press coverage off the line (with both elite quickness and a variety of moves), combined with his speed, his ability to get in and out of his cuts with ease, how he tracks the ball, and his leaping ability make him a dominant vertical weapon.

Houston's pick won't be high enough for us to get him, but DeVonta Smith isn't a bad consolation prize.

I am not sure any WR should be taken that high but Chase is the best prospect in this Draft and he will go that high.

I agree that the Fins need to improve the LB corps but that does not mean it is Parsons or bust, there are other LB's out there.

I would think yesterday's game showed the need for offensive weapons more than LB's anyway, they lost because the offensive was impotent not because of the D that only gave up 20 points.

After yesterdays loss, even bigger reason why Miami must use it's first 1st round pick on Micah Parsons.

Until we finally fix the LB squad, teams will run on us at will. Micah can help against the run, but also can fall into coverage, and is a reliable blitzer. Get him, and the defense will be pretty much ready.

Chase is fine, and if Parsons is not there when Miami uses it's 1st pick, then picking Chase would work, but to me if Miami picked Parsons, then with their second 1st round pick, took Devonta Smith, that would probably be as good a 1st round draft as they could have.

I am sure Tua would love to hear Smith's named called with the second 1st round pick.
if Parsons is gone i have no issue taking two WR or a WR and a TE like Pitts or
Friermuth

No way after the recent allegations Grier brings him into locker room.

Though not right of him to do, and a bit extreme (if true), what would you do if someone poured gatoraide on your pc?

Ray Lewis was not exactly a saint...You wouldn't draft him?

I am guessing if the Dolphins staff like how he looks in his workouts, alligations will not persuade Coach Flores on who Parsons is, as much as the interview with him.

Though not right of him to do, and a bit extreme (if true), what would you do if someone poured gatoraide on your pc?

Ray Lewis was not exactly a saint...You wouldn't draft him?

I am guessing if the Dolphins staff like how he looks in his workouts, alligations will not persuade Coach Flores on who Parsons is, as much as the interview with him.
They ran a bully locker room, on sexual basis.
I don't about bringing that in. I doubt Grier will test his luck with that, trying to build a culture and all.

They ran a bully locker room, on sexual basis.
I don't about bringing that in. I doubt Grier will test his luck with that, trying to build a culture and all.

Other then one very ugly fight that could have gone way to far, there are no proof that Micah was a bad kid, Bully, or headcase.

The story on him, is the total opposite, he's a very gifted, smart, and tough player.

Not saying you are wrong about the staff not taking him after feeling a certain way about him, but I don't expect the Dolphins to be so short sighted to not take a player because of a rare bad incident.

Dan Marino had a drug problem.

Randy Moss was a pot head.

Cam Newton was a trouble maker.

Laremy Tunsil is a pot head.

All special players that if you as a GM passed any of them up, would feel very uneasy aboutbyour future.

When you have such a special player like Parsons, you at least make sure thry are aren't worth your pick.

Lol pot head somehow being equal to a violent bully. Okay bud.

Marino's coke issue was a pretty wide rumor, with no real evidence. So - not the same thing.
Weed stuff - already covered but running any parallel to a violent offender versus a pot head is... truly ignorant. So let's just assume you know better. The Tunsil thing was a clear bullshit attempt to scam a kid - team saw through it - NFL saw through it - now he's totally fine. Teams also knew they didn't test for weed.

So, reviewing.... 1. There's evidence of this violence and bullying by Parsons, so it does not fall under the whole Marino coke issue.
2. They likely aren't going to make it legal to be a violent asshole bully, so neither does the whole Tunsil weed thing.

Cam Newton was taken off many teams' draft boards for his issues. He was a cheater, and a thief. But then again... Heisman QB. Easy to see why they took the risk.

Well, that win by houston probably means Chase will be gone by the time we pick. I really like Chase but for us I like DeVonta Smith better so that we can have the "Devonta & Devante" show in Miami.

the real question is going to be, if texans win a few more games...are the dolphins going to be willing to trade up in the draft to get parsons or chase

the real question is going to be, if texans win a few more games...are the dolphins going to be willing to trade up in the draft to get parsons or chase

Given the high-end talent at both Off-LB (such as Zaven Collins & Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah) and WR (like DeVonta Smith & Jaylen Waddle) behind Parsons and Chase, I'd be surprised.

And as much as I love Chase, there is sense in letting the board come to you.

Back
Top Bottom