Is Ja’Marr chase worth pick number 1? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Ja’Marr chase worth pick number 1?

If we continue to run these rpo concepts were he thrives I don’t see a better choice then smith question is will be available 1b?

I find forty times to be pretty overrated even for WR's.

Unless the guy runs a slow time like 4.7 it should not matter much.

Silly fast times always push players up too high and that will no doubt happen again.

Anthony Schwartz will be that guy this year.

If we continue to run these rpo concepts were he thrives I don’t see a better choice then smith question is will be available

I can see him falling to 1b... assuming we don't slide into the playoffs and then win a game... that would probably take us out of the running.

40 times are super important.
I'm not sure that I agree... Jerry Rice wasn't super fast. Speed is just one facet of being a good WR. Hell, Grant is fast. Ted Ginn was fast...

It's certainly one part of an evaluation, but I agree that it is a bit overrated.

I'm not sure that I agree... Jerry Rice wasn't super fast. Speed is just one facet of being a good WR. Hell, Grant is fast. Ted Ginn was fast...

It's certainly one part of an evaluation, but I agree that it is a bit overrated.
Super important. 40 times may not be important between a guy running 4.45 and 4.53, then maybe film will make the difference, but it is super important they clear the threshold speed. 40 times are not be all end all, if a guy runs 4.25 but wasn't productive in college, does not contribute, then it makes no difference, he can't play. But from a group of prospects who have been productive in college, those over the threshold will not translate, there is high high likelihood they will not be able to play professionally against professional corners. And those prospects who were productive in college and are also very fast will translate, they will be able to play professionally. Super important. it is so important that you can safely scratch off the list prospects running over 4.60. They will not translate.

Last edited:
Super important. 40 times may not be important between a guy running 4.45 and 4.53, then maybe film will make the difference, but it is super important they clear the threshold speed. 40 times are not be all end all, if a guy runs 4.25 but wasn't productive in college, does not contribute, then it makes no difference, he can't play. But from a group of prospect who have been productive in college, those over the threshold will not translate, there is high high likelihood they will not be able to play professionally against professional corners. And those prospects who were productive in college and are also very fast will translate, they will be able to play professionally. Super important. it is so important that you can safely scratch off the list prospects running over 4.60. They will not translate.
Again... agree to disagree.

I did say that 40 times are not that important unless a guy runs way too slow.

IF a Wr runs a 4.8 he is not going to make it.

But i can't bring myself to care if a guy runs a 4.35 or a 4.45.

I care much more about quickness, route running and hands.

Back to the original question for a moment, because I think the answer is changing...

As Houston wins games (dammit!), Chase becomes a more reasonable option.

I don't like him ahead of players like Parsons and Rousseau, but after them... he begins to make sense. It Houston plays us into the 10-12 range, I'd take Chase.

I find forty times to be pretty overrated even for WR's.

Unless the guy runs a slow time like 4.7 it should not matter much.

Silly fast times always push players up too high and that will no doubt happen again.

Anthony Schwartz will be that guy this year.

timed speed effects wr draft stock more than anything

Back
Top Bottom