Is jason taylor,zach thomas,sam madsion,patrick surtain | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is jason taylor,zach thomas,sam madsion,patrick surtain

thenicksabanera

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i was wonder at the end of there career do you think that jason taylor,zach thomas,sam madsion,patrick surtain are hall famer?

thenicksabanera said:
i was wonder at the end of there career do you think that jason taylor,zach thomas,sam madsion,patrick surtain are hall famer?
Depends. They probably won't be first ballot Hall of Famers, but I could definitley see Taylor and Thomas eventually going. Surtain and Madison may or may not.

Nublar7 said:
Depends. They probably won't be first ballot Hall of Famers, but I could definitley see Taylor and Thomas eventually going. Surtain and Madison may or may not.

I expect Madison to be a hall of famer someday. If Surtain gives the chiefs the same production in the next 4 seasons that he gave us in our last 4, he's a first ballot HOF, but that isnt likely due to his age and past injuries. Zach has the best chance of being first ballot, the numbers he's put up in his first ten years are amazing. If JT can keep the same production up for a few more years, which I believe he will with the additions of Carter, Roth, and Holliday, he should make it.

I think that Taylor and Thomas will get in. But it could be a long time before they will get in.

I think it's safe to say Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, and Sam Madison all have a legit shot of being considered for the Hall Of Fame. I think Surtain will have to continue his success through his career a little longer before being considered. But as of now, I think Thomas, Taylor, and Madison would have a legit shot... they just have to keep putting up the stats for as many more seasons as they can. And perhaps maybe even get a ring or two. :D

I also think that Saban and Brown will get in aswell......:cooldude:

Zach Thomas is the most likely, imo. Jason Taylor if he can make 10+ sacks per year for a couple more years. Surtain and Madison are unlikely imo.

I think Taylor/Thomas will in the 2nd or 3rd ballot. Madison is a long shot. Surtain possibly.

i think some of you dolphans are completely biased on this one. i don't think there is any chance that sam madison gets in. He gets burned deep very easily and he hasn't been a top-flight corner in 4 years. Surtain will have to have another great 5 seasons and do something trademark.. something in the playoffs. Barring any injuries, i think Jason and Zach will get in..

keep in mind, these 4 guys, our 4 core defensive players over the years have been notoriously known for choking in big pressure situations... a defense like this shouldnt give up 60 points to jacksonville, a defense like this shouldn't give up 14 points to the patriots in the last 3 minutes when we're smelling playoffs.

His Dudeness said:
keep in mind, these 4 guys, our 4 core defensive players over the years have been notoriously known for choking in big pressure situations... a defense like this shouldnt give up 60 points to jacksonville, a defense like this shouldn't give up 14 points to the patriots in the last 3 minutes when we're smelling playoffs.

All the choking can be blamed on the coach. He was outcoach at halftime. It showed when we were always outscored in the 3rd quarter. When you're always on the field in the 3rd, you're going to be tired in the fourth.

it can be blamed on the coach, and the lack of creativity ( only and always playing bump and run and rushing 4) but the players gotta get it done on the field. and most of the time in big situations they folded. Regardless, the players gotta take some of the blame, and just unconsciously, HOF voters will sort of think and say.... what did they do in the playoffs...? hmm.. Nothing.

byroan said:
All the choking can be blamed on the coach. He was outcoach at halftime. It showed when we were always outscored in the 3rd quarter. When you're always on the field in the 3rd, you're going to be tired in the fourth.

Yeah thats real smart, "ALL" the choking can be blamed on the coach. Sorry, I don't buy it.

Taylor and Zach will get in in 2nd or 3rd ballot. Maddison looks like a long shot, but has a chance if he finshes up strong. Too early to tell for Surtan. He needs 5 good seasons to be considered.

I don't think any of them are HOF caliber yet. Thomas and Taylor need to have a few more dominant seasons to have any chance at all. Taylor has only appeared in 3 Pro Bowls. Thomas has 5 Pro Bowl selections, which is the same as John Offerdahl had, and he never got a sniff of the HOF. Madison and Surtain, as good as they have been, have always been a bit under the radar, so I don't think they have a shot at all, unless both have 4-5 more great seasons left in them.

OrangeCrush said:
Yeah thats real smart, "ALL" the choking can be blamed on the coach. Sorry, I don't buy it.

Taylor and Zach will get in in 2nd or 3rd ballot. Maddison looks like a long shot, but has a chance if he finshes up strong. Too early to tell for Surtan. He needs 5 good seasons to be considered.

You don't buy it? Well when the Broncos lose on opening day, don't blame it on the coach. If you had Wannstedt as a coach you wouldn't be talking that way.

byroan- don't be ignorant, you can't blame everything on the coach, because the players are the ones who go out and perform. it's not wanstedts fault if madison gets burned deep. yes, i think wanstedt sucks and got outcoached just about every game, but you have to administer some fault to the ones on the field.

Back
Top Bottom