Is Kyle Orton This Year's Ben Roethlisberger? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Kyle Orton This Year's Ben Roethlisberger?

Finlandia

Logjammin'
Reaction score
I was wondering if Kyle Orton will be this year's Big Ben? He is about
the same size and has similar throwing techniques, running ability, etc.

I know the jury is still out on Eli and Rivers but will they ever be
as good as the "third" QB taken, Big Ben? I'm not so sure.
Marino was the "sixth" QB taken behind Eason and Blackledge.
What would have happened if we took one of those two guys
instead of arguably the best QB ever in Marino?

I guess it's a crap shoot is my point with Eli, Rivers, Eason, Akili, Smith, Rodgers, etc. etc.
You never know if the top drafted QB's will pan out.

Being an Auburn grad I can tell you that Ronnie is the real
deal and plays in the toughest conference in the US and is
ready for the next level. See "Tony Nathan".
If we could get Ronnie Brown and then Orton later, that
would be best scenario, in my opinion.

Check Ortons' stats-

Orton's Profile

A Ben Roethlisberger comes around once every 20 years. I think he has potential to be a good QB though.

i think frye n campbell are more likely to big ben. everyone knew big ben was going to be a very good qb but in couple of years... he was rated third behind rivers and eli, but no one thought he was going to do this great.. and he did cause of the team and receivers he had.. frye and campbell if drafted into a very good team like steelers last year, can probably do the same...

I think he is this years Tom Brady!!!! I hope we draft Kyle Orton in the second if we trade down or trade Surtain. Maybe we can get him in the third and Walter Reyes in the fourth.

Orton sucks. Him and Jason White are equally garbage.

Frye and Greene are much better prospects.

Orton- possesses an elongated/windup motion which slows his release. Cannot drive the deep throws, his recievers were constantly slowing down to make the catch. He has horrible long accuracy, and was benched during his senior year.

He is only good in a short passing game.

So how is he big Ben???

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Orton- possesses an elongated/windup motion which slows his release. Cannot drive the deep throws, his recievers were constantly slowing down to make the catch. He has horrible long accuracy, and was benched during his senior year.

He is only good in a short passing game.

So how is he big Ben???

I think you have your scouting reports messed up Kyle Orton can make all the throws. He can fit the ball in tight spaces and at the combine he had the second strongest arm.

Dphins said:
I think you have your scouting reports messed up Kyle Orton can make all the throws. He can fit the ball in tight spaces and at the combine he had the second strongest arm.
i have to agree to disagree. i was tuned in to the senior bowl, and they were saying that Kyle Orton because of that injury really hurt his arm and that could affect him his career.. they were saying during the season after he came back from the injury he couldnt make long throws, sort of like pennington.. his balls would hang in the air instead of that zip thrown in there.. idk but everyone has there own opinion..

Orton is not even close to being this years Big Ben. If you watch Ben in college you could tell that he was special. He could roll out of the pocket, scramble alittle bit down the sideline, chuck the ball 40 yards down field and hit the player right in the chest between two defenders as hard as a qb in the nfl throws the ball only 10 yards.

Orton will be better then you all think... he was a pre season heisman candidate for a reason... he may not win as many games as roth. next year but his productivity will match his

Back
Top Bottom