Is Marty Mornhinweg the worst coach since... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Marty Mornhinweg the worst coach since...

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Is Marty Mornhinweg the worst coach since Rich Kotite ?

Lions coach Marty Mornhinweg, after watching his defense blow a late 10-point lead, deferred to the Bears after winning the coin flip to start sudden death. And that's what it was for Mornhinweg -- sudden death, maybe in more ways than one.

from http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2002/1126/1467124.html

not only did he do that, but he took a penalty ag the Bears in OT to make it 3rd and 18 instead of making it 4th and 8 since it would have been a 53 yard FG for the Bears to win, except that he deferred getting the ball so that Bears would have to go into the wind - so it was a 53 yarder into the wind. Of course, the Bears got some yards on 3rd down. Made it on 4th down - instead of kicking a FG. And then eventually won it on a FG.

Hopefully, he can get his #$%#% together and beat the Pats at home for TG :rolleyes:

The sad thing is, his boss (Matt Millen) has been trying to get fired since the summertime. Maybe it's contageous.

But HOW DO YOU DEFER IN OVERTIME??

Not trying to defend him (it WAS a very stupid move) but 8 teams have deferred in overtime in NFL history, and 4 of them have won that game... (of course they all had awsome Defenses)

All I know is if I'm a rookie GM trying to turn a franchise around I wouldn't hire a rookie HC.

nope.the current HC in buffalo is a nitwit.anybody who punts the ball on 4th and 2 at the opponents 32 yard line has to be the worst coach.

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

What an appropriate tagline for a Bills fan. God knows they urinate everywhere else.

Oh the trailor life.....

Back
Top Bottom