Is matt jones talented enought | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is matt jones talented enought

Duss

Active Roster
Reaction score
to start at QB or is he going to stay at WR?

duss12 said:

Draft gurus are saying that with his size 6'6" i think, and his speed that he will play WR or TE.

If Jones would of stayed at QB, then we prob wont even get drafted. But with his speed and size he should be a great TE/WR.

Why would he be a TE if he runs like a 3.39 40 time?? He's so fast for his size, I think he'll be a WR.

duss12 said:

His arm aint that good and his accuracy is ok...hes got amazing hands though...dont know why he didnt play wr at ark

Buddwalk said:
His arm aint that good and his accuracy is ok...hes got amazing hands though...dont know why he didnt play wr at ark

The reason why is because when he came in they needed a QB. This kid has so much talent that IMO 3 years from now he will be one outstanding WR in the NFL. True..amazing hands, great speed, unbelivable height. Imagine this guy in the redzone, being covered by a 5'10, 5'11 CB. If we get a 2nd rd for Surtain I really want this guy!!!

can you say eric crouch?

seriously, i see him going higher than normal simply because of his combine results... but the team that will draft him will have trouble figuring out where to stick him. these kind of players almost always have problems in the NFL, with the only team seemingly able to figure out what to do with these guys being the Steelers... both Hines Ward and Randle El were QB's that were converted to WRs... i can see the Steelers taking Matt Jones and using him as a TE or something - they like to draft QBs and move them to other positions.

Matt, although very athletic, won't do very well in the NFL i think... he's too hybrid... like a singer/actor - does both, but doesn't really specialize in any one of those really well.

For matt's sake, i hope the team that drafts him sticks him at ONE position, and lets him train at that position. I'd like to see him become the next Gonzo....

texasPHINSfan said:
can you say eric crouch?

i was thinking that too id had to see someone with the talent that this kid has turn into another eric crouch

Eric Crouch wasn't 6'6 and he wanted to stay at QB. Jones is willing to make the change to WR in the NFl.

Can you say Antonio Gates?

How come no one brings up his name when talking about athletic guys that had no experience at the position? He didn't even play ANY college football.

caneaddict said:
Can you say Antonio Gates?

How come no one brings up his name when talking about athletic guys that had no experience at the position? He didn't even play ANY college football.

beat me to it

You can't even begin to compare Matt Jones and Eric Crouch. Crouch was boohooing about making a position change, while Matt is willing to adapt to become the best NFL player he can be, no matter the position. As a QB, he's not talented enough to play in the NFL, but he could possibly be a 3rd stringer (theoretically, not ideally) At WR, though, he could easily be a #1 reciever down the road.

SECfootball said:
You can't even begin to compare Matt Jones and Eric Crouch. Crouch was boohooing about making a position change, while Matt is willing to adapt to become the best NFL player he can be, no matter the position. As a QB, he's not talented enough to play in the NFL, but he could possibly be a 3rd stringer (theoretically, not ideally) At WR, though, he could easily be a #1 reciever down the road.

not to mention that he can be a fuse for the trick plays

Back
Top Bottom