Is Matt Jones worthy of the #18? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Matt Jones worthy of the #18?

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If we were to trade for the 7 and 18 from the Vikings...would Matt Jones be a reach at #18??? I remember hearing Baltimore is considering him at 22, Saban has had great things to say about this guy, do you think he would take him? Can you imagine getting Cedric Benson and Matt Jones in the 1st round??

At first I was ag the guy, but now I am begining to realize that he is a hit or miss enigma.

Right now we have too many needs to take a transitional quartback/receiver.

For some teams with very little need it Jones would probably be worth it. For a team like us that has many holes, probably not worth it.

For some teams with very little need it Jones would probably be worth it. For a team like us that has many holes, probably not worth it.

You guys sound like Wannstedt. It's exactly that philosophy that got us into trouble.

Is he a reach? Yeah.
Is it worth the Gamble? Yeah
Would i pick him? Yeah
Would i get fired if he were a bust? Yeah

ckparrothead said:
You guys sound like Wannstedt. It's exactly that philosophy that got us into trouble.

I just don't think we have the luxery of taking on a project with high risk/reward. There are safer picks at that spot that would benefit us as well.

I just don't think we have the luxery of taking on a project with high risk/reward. There are safer picks at that spot that would benefit us as well.

The safer pick at #49 was Eddie Moore. The safer pick at #21 was Jamar Fletcher. They didn't turn out to be so safe. You take the best talent you can period.

No team in the entire league has the "luxury" you speak of.

ckparrothead said:
The safer pick at #49 was Eddie Moore. The safer pick at #21 was Jamar Fletcher. They didn't turn out to be so safe. You take the best talent you can period.

No team in the entire league has the "luxury" you speak of.

I would say that the Pats and Eagles have that or at least a lot more than we do. He would be a project. We need players that can help the team now.

bfishusi said:
I would say that the Pats and Eagles have that or at least a lot more than we do. He would be a project. We need players that can help the team now.

Are we making a run for it this year?

We dont need players that can help the team now

ih8brady said:

We have other needs.

ckparrothead said:
Even if he's the most dynamic athlete the league has ever seen at the WR position?

Yes. He was a quarterback in college. Mike Vick could be the most dynamic punter the league has seen but you don't see him 10 yards back on 4th and 20.

ih8brady said:

totally agree, there is no way we are going to the superbowl after last season, we may squeeze into playoffs, but even that is a long shot...you draft players that will help in the future, cuz after all we are rebuilding

E. Crouch is the same type of player and he was a bust. If this was the third round we were talking about then I would be in favor of it, but not in the first.

Back
Top Bottom