Is Miami planning to trade for Chris Jones? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Miami planning to trade for Chris Jones?

I just realized that Taco lead the team in sacks last season. I forgot he was in the team but are stacked at DE. Y’all think Taco will be around for while?

I just realized that Taco lead the team in sacks last season. I forgot he was in the team but are stacked at DE. Y’all think Taco will be around for while?

Hope not. Sacks were meet happenstance, not flashes of ability. That said, he’s a hall of famer compared to Charles Harris.

How could Harris be THAT bad?

While I don't see this being a move Miami will make I wouldn't be too upset if it happened. He is prime-time player at his absolute best right now. Could really solidify what we have done along the Dline to this point in the off-season. His addition would be beneficial to guys playing around him, hopefully elevating their play as well.

Well hell.

We did KC a GREAT favor by knocking of the Patties .... I say no trades and just release him to us LOL

Yea right

But seriously trade a pic for him.

Young and no injuries, why the heck not?

“...He thinks Jones could be shipped to the Dolphins in a couple of different scenarios, but all three would bring back draft picks. It’s thought they might be willing to part with some because of all the ones they’ve managed to load up on...”
Just another dreamer, jealous of Miami’s situation

KC just won the Super Bowl and they also have a franchise QB. I honestly don’t think KC fans are that jealous lmao

I hope so, he would make a nice rotational player.

Be really surprised if this happens.

Thought it would have been of major consideration but after seeing so many quality DL's at much more reasonable salaries past by, now figure they don't see him as part of our Defense....
I did want one of the other guys (Reader, Pierce, Hargrave), thinking Jones was to costly.

Only potential FA I see them possibly spending $$$ on now, might be a S, someone like a Vonn Bell.

Hey our new FO seems to be way ahead of most of our thinking and the more their plan plays out the more confident I feel. I mean they are way ahead of us and thats becoming more and more reassuring.

KC just won the Super Bowl and they also have a franchise QB. I honestly don’t think KC fans are that jealous lmao
Right, picking at 32 and 64 is much better than 5, 18, 26, 39 and 56. They have nothing to be jealous about, lmao

See your point Danny but the same could be said of DB Jones. If we could get him for our 2, second round picks [like the story said] at a reasonable salary I would certainly consider it. Remember we should get 4/5 years at least out of him which means he would be part of a potential SB.

i generally agree with what you said about Chris Jones, but the situation is different to Byron Jones in that, obviously, we didnt have to trade for Byron.

to me it looks like the draft capital is for the purpose of making sure we get a QB in the draft first and foremost. we might see a trade for a player during the draft after we got a QB.

I can’t see us doing either Jones or Ngakoue, even though we could use Jones more ... the cost in both picks and $$$ doesn’t really work right now ....

As said by a couple others ... would actually rather sign Ta’amu and ditch Rosen to whomever wants him ... and let the draft play out ... AFTER the draft, I might consider Jones - but NOT Ngakoue.

Would also consider either Bell or Reid at S (as long as he doesn’t kneel) ....

Not sure if there were any OL worth a flier on from the XFL ....

It would be nice if we could wait until the draft to see what we needed. Wait, we can. Our draft picks are better than gold now, like money on the sidelines waiting to buy low. I think the deals will get better on draft day.

It is interesting the Dolphins didn't address the NT position in FA.

i generally agree with what you said about Chris Jones, but the situation is different to Byron Jones in that, obviously, we didnt have to trade for Byron.

to me it looks like the draft capital is for the purpose of making sure we get a QB in the draft first and foremost. we might see a trade for a player during the draft after we got a QB.
My thoughts EXACTLY. No draft capital goes out until the QB is settled in round 1.

Back
Top Bottom