Is Miami planning to trade for Chris Jones? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Miami planning to trade for Chris Jones?

No thanks he wants too much. I don’t love it.

wow, talk about pure speculation BS "reporting!"

with all the picks we have anyone with an IQ above 70

can "imagine" such possibilities!

garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-bage!

I'm on board. Bring back Reshad and we win the Jones sweepstakes with 4 (we apparently have a WR named Andy Jones)...

The problem about trading for a guy like that is you're giving away picks plus paying him a ton of money and we're not ready to compete for the SB this year so he's not the one missing piece.

See your point Danny but the same could be said of DB Jones. If we could get him for our 2, second round picks [like the story said] at a reasonable salary I would certainly consider it. Remember we should get 4/5 years at least out of him which means he would be part of a potential SB.

Jones, Godchaux and Wilkens Baker, Van Noy, McMillian and a rookie would make for a nice 3-4 look and when playing a 4-3... Ogbah, Wilkens, Jones and Lawson with Baker, McMillian and Van Noy.

KC is very limited cap wise, and they haven’t even paid Mahomes yet. Of course they are looking for more picks.

“...He thinks Jones could be shipped to the Dolphins in a couple of different scenarios, but all three would bring back draft picks. It’s thought they might be willing to part with some because of all the ones they’ve managed to load up on...”
Just another dreamer, jealous of Miami’s situation

Considering we have 50 mill left in cap space and we’ve been quiet in free agency since our initial splash ive been curious if Miami was wanting to save cap and add another big time addition via trade. Chris Jones and Yannick Ngakoue both make a ton of sense elite level pass rushers both very young (25 & 26) Jones is probably more of a scheme fit with his versatility to play all along the DL. One of those guys could be the final piece of a darn good defense. With that being said, I don’t love the idea of giving up a premium draft pick and giving a guy a record setting deal.

See your point Danny but the same could be said of DB Jones. If we could get him for our 2, second round picks [like the story said] at a reasonable salary I would certainly consider it. Remember we should get 4/5 years at least out of him which means he would be part of a potential SB.
Miami didn't give up any picks for the CB though. Like he said, picks and a big contract isn't a good move for Miami right now. There are some nice picks to be had in the second; Miami can get a pass rusher next draft.

Back
Top Bottom