Is Miami planning to trade for Chris Jones? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Miami planning to trade for Chris Jones?

I don’t see this happening but with him being 26 and better than every defensive lineman in the draft except possibly Young, I would trade 18 or 26 and not think twice about it.
He is a proven top tier talent in the NFL while the players in the draft haven’t proved anything yet at the NFL level. I don’t see a defensive lineman who will likely be on the board at 18 or 26 who comes close to Jones.

I don’t see this happening but with him being 26 and better than every defensive lineman in the draft except possibly Young, I would trade 18 or 26 and not think twice about it.
He is a proven top tier talent in the NFL while the players in the draft haven’t proved anything yet at the NFL level. I don’t see a defensive lineman who will likely be on the board at 18 or 26 who comes close to Jones.
Trading two 1st round picks for a guy that needs a new contract?
What are we, the Texans? :lmfao:

Pick 18 you can forgetabouit....

That will almost certainly be a OT

I think especially with a QB at #5, If Burrow, Herbert, or Love we MUST get the best OT possible (there are more options if just OT right & left)
Tua the pick at 5, One of two that plays RT, (I think Wirfs, Wills ). Potentially a substantial higher move up.
In both of these situation only one first rd pk (18 ) and probably a late 2-3 to move up, dependent on how high they need to go.

Everything has lined up so far to see this as pretty much a given...IMO

I wouldn't give KC a first round pick. If they want to dump him that bad I'd offer a 2nd. All contingent on him agreeing to an extension prior to the trade of course. Adding Chris Jones to our D-line next to Wilkins woud have us well on our way to having a top 5 defense. He adds not only to the run stopping game, this is a guy who gets a ton of pressure from the interior. excluding his rookie year he's had 2017 - 6.5, 2018- 15.5, 2019- 9.0 sack seasons. One of the few worth trading for and paying if the price is right imo.

Right, picking at 32 and 64 is much better than 5, 18, 26, 39 and 56. They have nothing to be jealous about, lmao

We are picking at 5, 18, and 26 in the hopes that we can build a team that will soon be picking at 32. KC isn’t upset that they won a super bowl lol

I wouldn't give KC a first round pick. If they want to dump him that bad I'd offer a 2nd. All contingent on him agreeing to an extension prior to the trade of course. Adding Chris Jones to our D-line next to Wilkins woud have us well on our way to having a top 5 defense. He adds not only to the run stopping game, this is a guy who gets a ton of pressure from the interior. excluding his rookie year he's had 2017 - 6.5, 2018- 15.5, 2019- 9.0 sack seasons. One of the few worth trading for and paying if the price is right imo.

Would you pick Derrick Brown, Javon Kinlaw, Epenesa, Gross-Matos at pick 26 if one of them was there ???

If so why the problem with 26 to KC for Chris Jones ? just a thought

Would you pick Derrick Brown, Javon Kinlaw, Epenesa, Gross-Matos at pick 26 if one of them was there ???

The fact that we have to pay the man one of the largest DT contracts in NFL history gives us leverage if KC wants to trade him. If they're playing hardball you just walk away.

They just refused to do the same and were forced to franchise him.

This is where it becomes a lot more interesting. If KC is willing to unload him for the 56th pick, then you ask if you'd be willing to pay him his asking price as a FA. If you would, 56 is expendable enough to spend on the right to pay him, but 5, 18, 26, and 39 should be off limits.

This is where it becomes a lot more interesting. If KC is willing to unload him for the 56th pick, then you ask if you'd be willing him his asking price as a FA. If you would, 56 is expendable enough to spend on the right to pay him, but 5, 18, 26, and 39 should be off limits.

I think with 56 they'd want a late round pick included which I would be completely fine with, but I'd be willing to send 39 that way on draft night after we've secured our QB.

The fact he is currently 25 and will be 26 at the start of the season a 5 year deal will only bring him into his age 31 season. Fits right in with our plans to stick to younger players , but also fits the mold of a previous super bowl winner.

Garrappolo probably thinks he's worth a first! I think a second and a late round choice, we still have to pay him.

The problem arises with paying him a ridiculous sum and giving up a first

We are picking at 5, 18, and 26 in the hopes that we can build a team that will soon be picking at 32. KC isn’t upset that they won a super bowl lol
No one said they’re upset about winning the Super Bowl, Mr Strawman.
KC has a total of 5 picks in this year’s draft, we have 5 in the first 2 rounds, you don’t think they would prefer our situation?
Every team(and fan base) would like what we have for the draft, no matter what happened last season. That’s why we see so many blogs like this talking about trading for our picks

The fact that we have to pay the man one of the largest DT contracts in NFL history gives us leverage if KC wants to trade him. If they're playing hardball you just walk away.

They just refused to do the same and were forced to franchise him.

My point with your previous post was more that, a first rd pk. of our 26 is IMO worth doing for Chris Jones.
You were acceptable of a 2nd rd. in which You'd still have to pay out big bucks...

The salary issue is a whole new ballgame. If feasible, in which yours and my understanding of cap values and manipulation is far below standard pay scale to be considered even credible (IMO), and as far as future effects on actually knowing the real affordability constraints it could have on the Teams future. I don't truthfully have a clue and don't feel anyone in here does either. Thats a decision by the guys getting the big bucks. If they see it as doable that would be beyond my expectations for I was in the Reader, Pierce, even Shelton stage of a DL mostly over seeing the need and also $$$ concerns.

Chris Jones don't see happening, but would be blown away if it did for the 26th pk. and truthfully possibly a hair more wouldn' shock me. But thats were negotiations value comes into focus, Grier and Co.

Back
Top Bottom