Is Miami planning to trade for Chris Jones? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Miami planning to trade for Chris Jones?

ive never felt more confident in an opinion than right now. Thank you for disagreeing.

Would you pick Derrick Brown, Javon Kinlaw, Epenesa, Gross-Matos at pick 26 if one of them was there ???

If so why the problem with 26 to KC for Chris Jones ? just a thought

The problem arises with paying him a ridiculous sum and giving up a first

Travis nailed it. 17 million AND first in this rather top heavy DL class For a DT? No thanks. No thanks. NO THANKS.

I love the player. One of the few consistent dline man in the league over the past few years.

But his next contract along with the draft capital to attain him should be a no go, hard pass.

Miami just isnt in the place to be tying up vast amounts of money on a DT when you still need starting help at QB, OLINE, RB, DT and Safety.

This whole discussion is just plain nuts without a future starting QB on the roster. AND those advocates for this move, have learned nothing this past decade plus. NOTHING.

ive never felt more confident in an opinion than right now. Thank you for disagreeing.

Travis nailed it. 17 million AND first in this rather top heavy DL class For a DT? No thanks. No thanks. NO THANKS.
AND I'm not sure 17 gets it done

Trading two 1st round picks for a guy that needs a new contract?
What are we, the Texans? :lmfao:
Perhaps you didn’t read my post correctly. Because I stated that I was okay with trading the 18th OR 26TH pick for Jones. I never stated I would trade both those picks for him.

Boy o boy I mean when Jones is healthy and on the field there maybe no better D lineman in the league.He creates so many negative situations for the opposing offense.Either through Double teams,sacks, tackles and reach. He is has just become so damn good.
I would definitely entertain the idea of trading for him.We have the draft capital, we have the salary cap available and we need DT.Jones,Wilkins and God would be an absolute devastating Interior Dline.

Lol, must have been a KC reporter....awful big bounty for the right the pay the big contract.

Deforest Buckner went for the 13Th pick in the draft and got a huge deal, I think Chris Jones is worth the 26 pick. I just don’t know if it’s the right move for us right now. Definitely has to be considered but cashing in 2 assets for 1 player is never ideal. We have the advantage of landing premier free agents due to no state income tax and a desirable location.

Deforest Buckner went for the 13Th pick in the draft and got a huge deal, I think Chris Jones is worth the 26 pick. I just don’t know if it’s the right move for us right now. Definitely has to be considered but cashing in 2 assets for 1 player is never ideal. We have the advantage of landing premier free agents due to no state income tax and a desirable location.
The colts are in a win now mode and are 1 to 2 years ahead of us. We have a bottom 5 oline unit, they have a top 5 oline. Even with the lack of elite talent on the offensive side, that oline keeps them in games.

Buckner playing in front of Leonard is fantastic.

Would you pick Derrick Brown, Javon Kinlaw, Epenesa, Gross-Matos at pick 26 if one of them was there ???

If so why the problem with 26 to KC for Chris Jones ? just a thought

If Derrick Brown is there at 26, about 15 GMs should be fired instantly.

Draft picks are so overrated around here.

KC JUST won a super bowl and has the best qb in the NFL by a mile.

"But Miami had more 1st rounders!!!"

:lol:
A) I’m not talking about the current state of the KC Chiefs
B) The point was about a fan blog, not the team itself
C) Give KC‘s GM a choice between Miami’s picks and KC’s picks and I’ll go out on a limb and say he would choose what the Dolphins hold

The colts are in a win now mode and are 1 to 2 years ahead of us. We have a bottom 5 oline unit, they have a top 5 oline. Even with the lack of elite talent on the offensive side, that oline keeps them in games.

Buckner playing in front of Leonard is fantastic.
Yes I agree that’s why I said I don’t think it’s an ideal move for us right now. OL is my biggest concern as well

it would have to be a draft day deal, because they don't know if they have to trade up for a qb yet

Back
Top Bottom