Is Mike Holmgren the most... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Mike Holmgren the most...

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
overrated coach around or what ? Seattle has sucked his whole tenure there and they are 1-4 in the NFC West now.

I disagree, Seattle barley missed the playoffs last year at 9-7. He has brought alot to this team. Just because they are off to a bad start doesn't mean he is overrated. He has done an excellent job in Seattle.

They just need a QB who can do more than manage games (ie. Dilfer). They got a pair of young WRs and Shaun Alexander who is awesome when he gets going, they also have an above average line.

They're defense is sort of weak, but if they had an attacking offense, it wouldn't matter that much. Holmgreen's a fool for giving Hasselback all that dough to just hold the clip board.

How many times has he made the playoffs since he has been there? I think it is 1.

He was supposed to win championships, and the they are worse right now than when he arrived. He is a good coach but he is overrated.

The most overated coach was Jimmy Johnson IMO! He won SB's in Dallas because of a stupid trade by the Vikings and then when he came to the Dolphins everyone said you guys were gonna be a dynasty! He did nothing for you guys. I think Wannsted is a better coach than JJ.

Holmgren? In defense of Chumly (the Walrus), he took a major hit when Fritz Shurmur died ... he found out that great quarterbacks are BORN not man-made ... he found out that he is not much of a delegator ... he found out that Ron Wolf had an infinitely superior eye for talent this his own (but he will be too egomaniacal to admit failure, EVER!)

It's too bad ... Holmgren blows Super Bowl 32 for Green Bay to a vastly inferior Denver team by allowing talk of Seattle trying to lure him away from Green Bay dominate the headlines ( a case of tampering never investigated) ... then, muddles his way through his final lackluster season in Green Bay enroute to his 8 year, 40 million payday ... he WAS smart enough to fleece Paul Allen, but my personal opinion is that those two were made for each other....mwahahahahaha... too bad, so sad! :lol:

Originally posted by dolphinators13
I disagree, Seattle barley missed the playoffs last year at 9-7. He has brought alot to this team. Just because they are off to a bad start doesn't mean he is overrated. He has done an excellent job in Seattle.

He traded Ahman Green to the Packers for Fred Vinson!!!He traded away one of his 1st rounders for Matt Hassleback. He has managed the cap well, by playing veterans on defense and letting no name players play on offense hoping he will find his diamond in the rough. He is vastly overrated and in way over his head.

He's just experiencing the flip side of the Favre Factor. If Brett would be playing in Seattle right now they would probably be 6-1 or 5-2. The Walrus is a big fat loser. And I say that with the utmost respect for what he did while in Green Bay.

It was a different NFL when J.J. built Dallas. There was no salary cap back then. And Jerry Jones will spend money. Nobody was better than J.J. back then.

And for Dolfans to call J.J. a moron is retarded. Without J.J. we would currently be without guys like Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, Olindo Mare, Oronde Gadsden, Mark Dixon, Rob Konrad, Brock Marion, Derrick Rodgers, Ed Perry (best long snapper in the league), etc.

How many games have these players won for us?? Ask yourself that question.

Jimmy built us a championship DEFENSE. Unfortunately, it didn't work out on offense. But don't diss Jimmy, acting like he didn't do anything for us. Because he did.

Back
Top Bottom