Is Minkah Fitzpatrick A Future Hofer Or Jason Allen 2.0? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Minkah Fitzpatrick A Future Hofer Or Jason Allen 2.0?

erralyn

Starter
Reaction score
  • The Dolphins drafted a player in the middle of the first round.
  • He was highly prized by head coach Nick Saban based on personal experience.
  • He is a combination Cornerback and Safety, but is expected to play safety in the NFL.
  • From the SEC.
  • He's 6'1", 200 pounds.
I'm not talking about Minkah Fitzpatrick, though. I'm talking about Jason Allen, in the 2006 draft.

Will Minkah be more like him, or he will he be a future Hall of Famer, with 10+ Pro Bowls, multiple Defensive MVPs and Defensive Rookie of the Year honors?

Obviously, if he's the latter (the equivalent of Ed Reed or Ronnie Lott), then the Dolphins made the correct pick. If he's short of that, then I will be wishing that we picked a player at a more impactful position.

Thoughts?

• The Dolphins drafted a player in the middle of the first round.
  • He was highly prized by head coach Nick Saban based on personal experience.
  • He is a combination Cornerback and Safety, but is expected to play safety in the NFL.
  • From the SEC.
  • He's 6'1", 200 pounds.
I'm not talking about Minkah Fitzpatrick, though. I'm talking about Jason Allen, in the 2006 draft.

Will Minkah be more like him, or he will he be a future Hall of Famer, with 10+ Pro Bowls, multiple Defensive MVPs and Defensive Rookie of the Year honors?

Obviously, if he's the latter (the equivalent of Ed Reed or Ronnie Lott), then the Dolphins made the correct pick. If he's short of that, then I will be wishing that we picked a player at a more impactful position.

Thoughts?
And what position and player was that pray tell?

What a dumb comparison.. but I’ll play your game. I repeatedly said this guy will be an all pro predraft, and I’ll eat my words if he doesn’t. Hall of fame is hard to predict but I think he has a shot

The reason why I don't believe so if it was said Allen was as dumb as a box of rocks and Minkah's strength seems to be his intelligence. Also, I don't think you can compare the interaction Saban had with a Tennessee player in Jason Allen to a player he coached, that seems like apples to oranges. My guess is Saban liked Allen's physical tools and I read somewhere before or after that draft he was the perfect CB prospect physically, but didn't have the same intimate experience with the player.

The Dolphins are trying to get smarter, we'll see if it works. I'm not surprised with how pissey Gase was about players not doing the right thing. In today's NFL if we make teams beat us, in other words not beat ourselves with mental mistakes, we'll win tons of games because at least half the league, probably more, will beat themselves on a weekly basis. The question is can that strategy beat the top teams?

The reason why I don't believe so if it was said Allen was as dumb as a box of rocks and Minkah's strength seems to be his intelligence. Also, I don't think you can compare the interaction Saban had with a Tennessee player in Jason Allen to a player he coached, that seems like apples to oranges. My guess is Saban liked Allen's physical tools and I read somewhere before or after that draft he was the perfect CB prospect physically, but didn't have the same intimate experience with the player.

The Dolphins are trying to get smarter, we'll see if it works. I'm not surprised with how pissey Gase was about players not doing the right thing. In today's NFL if we make teams beat us, in other words not beat ourselves with mental mistakes, we'll win tons of games because at least half the league, probably more, will beat themselves on a weekly basis. The question is can that strategy beat the top teams?

This is precisely how you beat top tams. The difficulty is doing it.

This kid is going to be a beast and just made our defense significantly better. TJ needs to bulk up more to play OLB.

Back
Top Bottom