Is Offensive Line Now The Biggest Priority? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Offensive Line Now The Biggest Priority?

With the strength of the draft being the defensive line, there are going to starting caliber defensive linemen available into the 4th-5th round. I definitely see Miami trying to secure at least 2 d-linemen, this would be the draft to do it. But inspite of the overall talent along the DLine, there are going to be very talented Offensive Linemen available as well, who actually fit Miami's system early on in this upcoming draft. It wouldn't surprise me at all if like most people on Finheaven feel, Miami comes out of the 2019 draft with 2 defensive and 2 offensive linemen, all with starting potential day 1. My believe is offensive line is more of a priority than most people realize at #13.

OL Now the Biggest Priority ?????

LOL, try 15-18 years ago.... Don't know about the new guys we got and their timing on an OL.

Do know from experience, that for about 2 decades it looked as if the organization never understood that an OL was very important....Usually realized it when it was to late to do anything but grip 1/4 way into the season and than by the end of that season forget about it....Dolphin "Ground Hog Day"

Some point depending on timeline of their plan we will need pretty much outside of Tunsil a new OL. Not that I was a big fan of Bridgewater but would have to think if there ever was a FA QB with half a brain he'd have to consider the OL he'd be behind and hopefully seeing his ability to QB and not that of being a Sitting Duck. Sure this went through TB head when making his decision...

Matt Kalil is available? A few other guys in FA who cant possibly be any worse than Larsen.

I know the CB market has Darby and Callahan who could fill #2 role, but the trenches are most important for now. Quentin Spain and James Carpenter are free.

The Miami Dolphins are a team without a franchise quarterback. It's generally understood that Miami will draft one of the top quarterbacks in 2020, but it's certainly a possibility in 2019 as well.

As it stands, the offensive line is so bad that it would be hard for Dan Marino in his prime to excel here. The Dolphins have Tunsil and that's about it. So is building the offensive line now the priority? It seems like a bigger area of need than defensive line, which also needs a lot of help.

You definitely want your young quarterback to come into a situation where he isn't running for his life on every snap.

Both our lines are a priority along with QB but we're thin everywhere. Can Drake be THE RB? we still need a #2 Corner also.

I like Kalen Ballage at RB over Kenyon Drake. I like Drake more as a change of pace back.

The Miami Dolphins are a team without a franchise quarterback. It's generally understood that Miami will draft one of the top quarterbacks in 2020, but it's certainly a possibility in 2019 as well.

As it stands, the offensive line is so bad that it would be hard for Dan Marino in his prime to excel here. The Dolphins have Tunsil and that's about it. So is building the offensive line now the priority? It seems like a bigger area of need than defensive line, which also needs a lot of help.

You definitely want your young quarterback to come into a situation where he isn't running for his life on every snap.

I don't know if the entire OL is a priority. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kilgore at OC or seeing Davis and/or Asiata starting. I'm making no judgement call on any of those three, just pointing out that I can see Flores making 1-2 of the 5 a priority. Say, 1 in FA and 1 in the draft.

The biggest priority is TALENT. Find it. As much as possible. Positions don’t matter now, just find talented players.

No. QB is our only priority. It is all that matters.

I dont think it is now, i think it was since the day the season ended. O-Line has been a huge problem for 5+ years now.

O-line has been terrible ever since Philbin wanted finesse over tough, old-school linemen. He favored Martin over Incognito... big mistake right there! His regime drafted Thomas and Turner who became two of the worst Guards in the league. IMO, the main problem is philosophy; the finesse linemen needed to run the blocking schemes of Philbin's (and Gase's) short-pass dink-and-dunk offense were dominated by tough, physical d-lines. Get rid of the dink-and-dunk, get rid of finesse, and bring in the road-graders.

I would...QB and O-line this year... defense next year!

QB is obviously the number one thing we need, but that ain't happening this year unless we mortgage the future which would seem to go against everything we have done so far this off-season.

Next year, we will be investing a first round pick in a QB...whether we move up or we lose enough for that position. IF we do not surround that player with a good o-line, you are setting them up to fail. This team needs 4 o-lineman desperately. Now this will go against what most will want to do, but, at this moment, I give a rats ass about the defense. We are going to be a **** team next year and whether that happens by giving up 21 points a game or 35 points a game, it doesn't matter.

Take that 13th overall pick and move back a bit in the draft and try to net another 2nd rounder. Use at least two of those 3 picks on o-line and 3 or your first 5. Give the QB you are about to make the face of the franchise a fighting chance.

I will bang the table until draft night for Eric McCoy...you put a cat like that at center and add a guard and RT in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and you should be well on your way to fixing this mess.

It is a top priority. I don't think there can be any rational argument there.

Having said that, my opinion is D-line is the way to go in rd1.

I'm good with RT in the second. Given the perceived abundance of defensive talent in this draft, there should be plenty of O-line choices left in rd2, and later.

Retaining parker indicates, to me anyway, that skill positions are the afterthought, as it should be.

Back
Top Bottom