Is Offensive Line Now The Biggest Priority? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Offensive Line Now The Biggest Priority?

Be shocked if Haskins was there at 13, IMO maybe and thats a big maybe Lock there at 13.

Funny and understand your point about sitting a year but usually doesn't influence me when a poster points out one players success while failing to acknowledge the usually huge majority that failed... Think you can find one or two examples of justifying pretty much all opinions.
But would agree with the no OL keeping the guy mostly on the bench. just feel that would be such a big miss calculation though sadly a reasonable approach.

So true, surprised that we haven't added one quality OL yet but blindly hoping that they have their plan and beside #1 QB the #2 insight is the OL to put around him. Understandably, they are still trying to figure that out not knowing the skill set of whoever they end up with at QB.

There are just so many variables to consider that we are aware of and I'm sure they are seeing a lot more than we are..We don't really even know who they like and how much they value these QB's. Are thy interested in 2019 QB draft or 2020 Draft damn......don't think anybody I've read has any kind of factual clue...

you're right. One or even a couple of examples as opposed to the rest of the data is comical. What it does show is that it isn't out of the realm of possibility. If Brady, who also sat a year, wouldn't of become what he did, the entire NFL would've stated as fact that a 6th round pick would never win 6 superbowls. Now, while probably 99% unlikely, it isn't 100% impossible to draft a franchise QB that low.

And, yep. On a team that has so much need the variables are endless.

But... one thing, though. You're absolutely wrong on one on here having a factual clue. Ask Largo (I forget his full name).

Largo! Where you at?!

No need to elaborate?

Nothing I haven’t already posted before. Probably going to be all year in every o-line thread. I’m sure plenty of other teams have filled 4 starting positions and depth in one or even two offseasons, so, nothing to see here.

The team should go with a big road grater oline that moves the LOS.
Those guys are easier to find and cheaper to keep.
Finesse schemes didnt work here.

The first draft I ever experienced brought us Webb and Sims at the top, so it's been done in Miami before... by shula.

This team is gonna take 2 or 3 drafts to fix, so installing a run line for Drake and Ballage helps us now, and once we have a line that doesnt get its quarterback killed...

Then we take one, until then... duck.

Exactly!!! I think the guy is finally gonna get his chance!! And he is gonna b hungry to show out!!!
I try to be optimistic, but I've heard that he has concrete shoes, and that is nearly impossible to fix. It was a reach when they drafted him. He was quite old by rookie standards, and although Gase was an idiot about everything except passing schemes, it's getting kind of late to expect Asiata to have a breakout.

I dont think it is now, i think it was since the day the season ended. O-Line has been a huge problem for 5+ years now.

Really? Because I think it was since 2004. Which means we’re only like 3 more drafts away from really addressing the issue.

I try to be optimistic, but I've heard that he has concrete shoes, and that is nearly impossible to fix. It was a reach when they drafted him. He was quite old by rookie standards, and although Gase was an idiot about everything except passing schemes, it's getting kind of late to expect Asiata to have a breakout.

More slow footed than heavy imo

Poor short area lateral quicks

More slow footed than heavy imo

Poor short area lateral quicks
Maybe a better characterization.

For a gaurd, that's a fatal flaw. Those first three foot movements are critical to any pulling, or "counter" action, in any blocking scheme. I don't care how physical a guy is, if he can't get to his assignment on time, it doesn't matter.

Maybe a better characterization.

For a gaurd, that's a fatal flaw. Those first three foot movements are critical to any pulling, or "counter" action, in any blocking scheme. I don't care how physical a guy is, if he can't get to his assignment on time, it doesn't matter.

In preseason last year it was one good rep for every 3 at least bad ones.

Zero consistency. Top heavy waist bender

Back
Top Bottom