Is our OL good at pass protection as we think we are? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is our OL good at pass protection as we think we are?

The right side of the oline was pretty suspect in this last game.

shift to heavy rpo based o with tua and help the oline and help the qb avoid contact.

easily the worst game I’ve seen from kindley to date. Hunt on his toes in pass pro at times getting run over.

be great to get Jackson back and kick davis back over to right side. That’s what I’d do
This is exactly right. Hunt and Kindley both were brought to their heels multiple times and knocked on their ass a few. They did also have positive moments in run blocking most of it was while on the move. This bye week will be good for Kindley get his body a lil rest.
Look for our offense to look very different, I would imagine on a short week we male LA run around chasing motion and plenty of RPOs. Grant has the biggest uptick coming

Last edited:
And I’m tellin ya right now watch out for jalen Ramsey cause that dude is everywhere. I’ve never seen a guy around the ball as much as he is.

phenomenal player all phases

For what it’s worth, didn’t Tannehill get the ball out in 2.4 or 2.5? That didn’t stop him from getting pummeled 40, 50 times a year. Sacks are down. Pass pro is up. Coaching.

This is the gross, disgusting part of football in 2020. All these analytic freaks. They draw foregone conclusions based off analytics and numbers alone

I don’t mucb like hunts anchor to date. That’s a concern for me.

looks like he’s in a hurry with his feet to kick back and beat the man to the spot problem is he’s on his toes when he gets out there and guys are speed to power rushing him into a problem.

you get driven into my qbs lower legs and seasons over

looks like he’s in a hurry with his feet to kick back and beat the man to the spot problem is he’s on his toes when he gets out there and guys are speed to power rushing him into a problem.

dude, think positive vibes!

Gawd!

:woot

Both tackles I would expect an uptick in year 2 just based on core and upper body strength additions. Watch the pocket to move a lot as well.

Curious. Did any of the so called "experts" raise the point that Tua is left handed and his blind side is the right?

Asking for friend.

Both tackles I would expect an uptick in year 2 just based on core and upper body strength additions. Watch the pocket to move a lot as well.

absolutely especially Jackson. But I mean didn’t you think Hunt was more of a bull on college tape? I thought he was gonna be a wall to move. was more concerned about his feet in that much space.

and yeah move the pocket. We can do a lot of things as long as we ain’t chasing the sticks/scoreboard.

rpo goes out the window if that’s the case and that’s when we can expose our qb to contact and oline in pass pro.

I say stick with it regardless of scoreboard. Don’t feed them both to the wolves

It’s the same Twitter blow hards in Schwartz and orlovsky that are at wheel of this. Lmao I should have known

they share their opinion that they spent .2 seconds on, people call them out, they go into a crazy numbers dive and get defensive and and get in Twitter fights. Funny how it’s the same people showing the same behavior every time. I don’t have a Twitter but I do log on the site time to time to catch up on some news. They are always at the forefront of arguing w/ fans

Fitz possesses some magical trait to avoid sacks that tua could never have apparently

absolutely especially Jackson. But I mean didn’t you think Hunt was more of a bull on college tape? I thought he was gonna be a wall to move. was more concerned about his feet in that much space.

and yeah move the pocket. We can do a lot of things as long as we ain’t chasing the sticks/scoreboard.

rpo goes out the window if that’s the case and that’s when we can expose our qb to contact and oline in pass pro.
I think he was more confident that people wouldn't disengage quick.. he knows his style tends to lose quick and that is a fast track to the bench so he waits for contact a bit more and it's new for him.. I saw him in college pass set than spring forward into contact, I have seen little to none of that so far. Again on the move he does look better than I expected his balance while moving is a plus

I think he was more confident that people wouldn't disengage quick.. he knows his style tends to lose quick and that is a fast track to the bench so he waits for contact a bit more and it's new for him.. I saw him in college pass set than spring forward into contact, I have seen little to none of that so far. Again on the move he does look better than I expected his balance while moving is a plus

so is it a technique thing as in they are coaching it a certain way cause like you said he does seem to invite contact vs go meet it and maybe is worried about oversetting or do you think it’s a trying to compensate for something else?

I could see it a bit of both honestly but like you said core/upper body strength strides should help. Does move pretty well. Got some twitch to him. Not stiff

part of me thinks he’s trying to compensate for feet so he’s in a hurry

yeah but that’s an overload. It’s as much on the qb as kindley in terms of not recognizing it post snap and throwing to his dump. They had 3 rushers vs 2 in protection on that side. The right tackle was gonna be in a bind regardless of kindley not passing off and picking up Basham.

but yeah you don’t want tua having to account for that this early in his pro career. That needs to come with development

so again go heavy rpo make him have easy reads and build off of it as he develops. Force the defense to have to play assignment contain before they rush up field and gash em when they do
If you watch that play it was doomed from the start. The ball had to get out fast or someone was going to get to Fitzpatrick. In all honesty Hunt did a decent job slowing down two rushers at once. My point was more that our right side is going to be where teams attack. If Tua doesn’t make the right read or one of our rookies gets baited it will lead to sacks.

so is it a technique thing as in they are coaching it a certain way cause like you said he does seem to invite contact vs go meet it and maybe is worried about oversetting or do you think it’s a trying to compensate for something else?

I could see it a bit of both honestly but like you said core/upper body strength strides should help. Does move pretty well. Got some twitch to him. Not stiff
O line Coach said he is very happy with him.. I'm gonna guess its a technical thing.
His back pedal is not nearly as smooth as Jacksons, I think he is still adjusting to NFL strength and within a few weeks we will see more stable play. He needs stronger hands in pass protection as well which is weird for how well he moves guys in space

Back
Top Bottom