Is our OL good at pass protection as we think we are? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is our OL good at pass protection as we think we are?

If you watch that play it was doomed from the start. The ball had to get out fast or someone was going to get to Fitzpatrick. In all honesty Hunt did a decent job slowing down two rushers at once. My point was more that our right side is going to be where teams attack. If Tua doesn’t make the right read or one of our rookies gets baited it will lead to sacks.

I think they will attack flowers athleticism too but yeah I hear ya. I thought hunt did all he could there.

we want to avoid oline exposure with the play calls whenever possible.

O line Coach said he is very happy with him.. I'm gonna guess its a technical thing.
His back pedal is not nearly as smooth as Jacksons, I think he is still adjusting to NFL strength and within a few weeks we will see more stable play. He needs stronger hands in pass protection as well which is weird for how well he moves guys in space

yeah more consistent pop on contact with his hands. Agreed. More shock.

but Jackson has elite feet which makes his pedal look mucb more natural and his initial power step in the kick slide get more depth. He knows he has the feet to match folks. So he doesn’t have to try and compensate.

This is potentially the best line we've had in a decade or longer. Now, it will have to remain injury free for a few years to reach that point, but the base here is very good. Karras is the only one not under contract for the next three years, and to be honest, I'm not completely sure they are sold on him yet. Personally... I'm OK with a couple of average players on a line, so long as the average players are the weak links.

If you watch that play it was doomed from the start. The ball had to get out fast or someone was going to get to Fitzpatrick. In all honesty Hunt did a decent job slowing down two rushers at once. My point was more that our right side is going to be where teams attack. If Tua doesn’t make the right read or one of our rookies gets baited it will lead to sacks.
Oh, Tua is going to be sacked. The good thing is that because it's Tua, and not Ryan, we'll get the benefit of those personal fouls now. That's my prediction.

I was talking about the Dolphins destroying the Niners O-line and then the Niners O-line played well against the Rams. They made Aaron Donald a non-factor. I never mentioned the Niners D-line.
It might sound crazy, but you can game plan around Aaron Donald. I have seen multiple Rams games where he is basically an after thought. Heck in 3 games this year he has a combined 1 tackle and zero sacks. In the other 3 games he has 10 tackles and 7.5 sacks.

I think the coaches will be smart and the blueprint is really there with Herbs first game. Passes to the back out of the backfield, sideline passes. quick outs, and give a shot down the field here and there. You have to believe the coaches are not crazy enough to throw him out into danger. I for one would love for them to use Breida's speed on HB screens and some slants/outs.

I am glad we have 2 weeks to prepare as the sets the OL has to take are different from a right handed to a left handed QB. Hopefully it doesn't throw them off.

Rams will rush extra people from the right side of their D sitting waiting for Tua to roll left.

Tua has one of the quickest releases out there. It Fitz can get it out quick enough, Tua certainly can.
Releasing the ball doesn’t mean he won’t get crushed. Teams know he’s small and fragile so they’ll take their hits along with the 15 yard penalty.

Kindley is too heavy to quickly react. I don't know where he is at now but he was at 337 at combine. He needs to get to 325.

Back
Top Bottom