Is our OL good at pass protection as we think we are? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is our OL good at pass protection as we think we are?

I don’t mucb like hunts anchor to date. That’s a concern for me.

looks like he’s in a hurry with his feet to kick back and beat the man to the spot problem is he’s on his toes when he gets out there and guys are speed to power rushing him into a problem.

you get driven into my qbs lower legs and seasons over
Hunt was more confident starting the game last week. You could see a little bit of swagger compared to the prior week. Thought he knew something. It didn't last long. As mentioned by several posters, the right side was on its heels. With a different quarterback it would have equated to more sacks.

But I didn't mind so much because this was a division game. As bad as the Jets are, they're going to have more vigor and defensive intensity than a non-division game. It actually took more than a quarter to click in. I think Gregg Williams gave them a tongue lashing on the sideline because it became an entirely different Jets defense at 14-0 down and Miami taking over near midfield. From the first defensive snap the ferocity level soared and it remained that way the rest of the game. Plus the overloading. The Dolphins and especially the right side were kind of stunned and slow to adjust, plus let's face it already happy at 14-0.

Hunt has an unnatural backpedal and it shows up worse at tackle. Overly hurried and feet too close together. Leaning back instead of punch and flex. Major problem is he simply doesn't have a tackle body right now, so that slightly exasperates the unnatural feet.

None of it is awful. He's more competitive than I projected. Ideally he would be on the bench behind Davis, with Jackson still out there.

Kindley is a heck of a player and unquestionably needs to drop 10-15 midsection pounds, as another poster mentioned. He is lighter than last year at Georgia. The Dolphins were able to steal him in the 4th partially because of that flabby 2019.

It might sound crazy, but you can game plan around Aaron Donald. I have seen multiple Rams games where he is basically an after thought. Heck in 3 games this year he has a combined 1 tackle and zero sacks. In the other 3 games he has 10 tackles and 7.5 sacks.
That was what my original post on this was about. I said the Dolphins will need to have a good scheme going against Aaron Donald.

I agree with Hoops on Hunt. I think he knows that his feet are his main weakness, so being up on his toes and not attacking on contact is a bi-product of the over compensation. I also thin the game has not slowed down for him. The good news is both are correctable. Hopefully he'll continue to get better.

If we are talking about Donald specifically, Flores will have a plan for that. That's what good coaches do.
Tua is very nimble.

The Boyz are Back in Town!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201021-170057_SmartNews~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20201021-170057_SmartNews~2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 2
No. Fitzpatrick has superb pocket presence that makes a line look really good. Not every QB has his pocket movement and great sense of pass rushers and when to bail.

Back
Top Bottom