Is our team/defense THAT old? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is our team/defense THAT old?

XoPhinsoX

No More Injuries, Please ;).
Reaction score
All I hear from Bills or Jets fans when we get someone (Seau) I hear "Hahaha, that team just keeps getting older and older".

I understand we don't have a team full of rookies, but, cmon now :D

Dont feel bad their whole front line is pretty much buying 5 cent coffes at McDonalds and they have a 80 year old backup named Vinny something HEHEHE

I would say the bills are a young team but the jets come on now look at their LBs

Nothing could be further from the truth. This team IS NOT old. In reality, this team is smack dab in their PRIME.

STARTING LINUP (competion included)

QB Fiedler - 31, Griese - 28
RB Williams - 25
FB Konrad - 26

WR Chambers - 24
WR Thompson - 25, McKnight - 30
TE McMichael - 23

LT Dixon - 32, Smith - 22
LG Nails - 27
C Ruddy - 31, McKinney - 23
RG Perry - 32, Whitney - 23
RT Wade - 26

LE Ogunleye - 25
DT Bowens - 30
DT Chester - 27
RE Taylor - 28

SLB Greenwood - 24, Moore - 22
MLB Thomas - 29
WLB Seau - 34

CB Madison - 29
CB Surtain - 26
S Freeman - 26, S. Knight - 27
S Marion - 32

Does this team look old?? I didn't think so. I included Knight and Griese, since they are targets and opposing fans say that we keep getting older with our FA's. I also included the three youngin's on the OL because they all have a very good chance at starting a few games this year (injuries, good play, etc).

The average age of the starting offense (listed top 11) is 27 years.

The average age of the starting defense (listed top 11) is 28 years.

I hope this helped Jills and Planes fans everywhere.

Originally posted by Muck
Nothing could be further from the truth. This team IS NOT old. In reality, this team is smack dab in their PRIME.

STARTING LINUP (competion included)

QB Fiedler - 31, Griese - 28
RB Williams - 25
FB Konrad - 26

WR Chambers - 24
WR Thompson - 25, McKnight - 30
TE McMichael - 23

LT Dixon - 32, Smith - 22
LG Nails - 27
C Ruddy - 31, McKinney - 23
RG Perry - 32, Whitney - 23
RT Wade - 26

LE Ogunleye - 25
DT Bowens - 30
DT Chester - 27
RE Taylor - 28

SLB Greenwood - 24, Moore - 22
MLB Thomas - 29
WLB Seau - 34

CB Madison - 29
CB Surtain - 26
S Freeman - 26, S. Knight - 27
S Marion - 32

Does this team look old?? I didn't think so. I included Knight and Griese, since they are targets and opposing fans say that we keep getting older with our FA's. I also included the three youngin's on the OL because they all have a very good chance at starting a few games this year (injuries, good play, etc).

The average age of the starting offense (listed top 11) is 27 years.

The average age of the starting defense (listed top 11) is 28 years.

I hope this helped Jills and Planes fans everywhere.

Excellent assessment.. Just prove people wrong with facts..

HOORAH:drinker:

I don't think most people did either, jo. The thing that encourages me is our skill players. Guys like Ricky (25), Chambers (24), McMichael (23), Surtain (26). Those guys are studs. And they're still going to get better. Surtain really gets me excited. The guy's been playing for so long, and is now an All-Pro. He's only 26 freaking years old!!

And where there is age (players over 30), there are young guys being groomed behind them for the most part. You can bet that the team will be focusing on more young LBs next offseason.

28 is still not old but wow are offence is only going to get better with those young guys!

Our guys on defense are not that old. But they have been together since 97, so that's why some think that they're old.

But we won't be able to keep all of them together for long. They are getting older. By older you have to see better, so more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom