Is playing Phillips at LB a huge mistake? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is playing Phillips at LB a huge mistake?

Either way the guy has a mountain of talent and I'm glad he is wearing a Dolphin jersey. Just want the young man to be healthy and live a good life...and sack opposing QBs like a Baws!

Last edited:
As I understand it, the term Edge was created to capture the blending of the roles of the 3-4 OLB and the 4-3 DE. It's a way of saying the 3-4 OLB is more similar to a 4-3 DE than an off-ball LB.

So, when Miami says he’s playing LB, he's still playing Edge. I think Miami just wants to give him a little more space to use his speed and athleticism, and they can do more with his rush angles from a 2-point stance. I expect him to have his hand in the dirt on some obvious passing situations, but I think it's smart to move him wide. Plays to his strengths.
Exactly, the nomenclature might be confusing, but he's certainly not playing off-the-ball LB.

Phillips suffered no concussions playing Edge exclusively for The Hurricanes and he dominated.
Why risk playing him again at Linebacker/Edge like his UCLA days?
So playing him at lb causes more concussions? Do you have statistics to back that up?

So playing him at lb causes more concussions? Do you have statistics to back that up?
I'm pretty sure playing at LB and suffering 3 concussions while playing DE resulted in zero concussions is a statistic while I understand that's its anecdotal, still a worth-while statistic.

Well if it is, you can be sure he will switch it up. One thing about Grier/Flo combo, they are not afraid of moving on from or switching up on personal mistakes.

That’s what we drafted him for.

Back
Top Bottom