Is Punter our weakest position coming into 2003? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Punter our weakest position coming into 2003?

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
What do you guys think about Mark Royals? He had a terrible year last year, but do you think he'll improve this year? His AVG has gone way down since the late 90's

I think we should push to trade him and a draft pick for someone before-- or even during the preseason (eg: Sage Rosenfels)

When he starts punting for 20 yarders like he did a few times last season, it can really kill our position on the field.

We need to get someone reliable.

I still think the FO should be searching the waiver wires, and any other source to find competition for him..if we get stopped within our own 25 yard line, the other team is almost quarantee good field position, even if there isn't a return.

Royals can't be any worse. I think that foot surgery will help him out. Down the stretch, he said that kicking the ball was almost unbearably painful.

Originally posted by Gonk
What do you guys think about Mark Royals? He had a terrible year last year, but do you think he'll improve this year? His AVG has gone way down since the late 90's

I think we should push to trade him and a draft pick for someone before-- or even during the preseason (eg: Sage Rosenfels)

When he starts punting for 20 yarders like he did a few times last season, it can really kill our position on the field.

We need to get someone reliable.

We don't need no stinking punter. We will be scoring TDs and FGs on every possesion.....

:lol:

Re: Re: Is Punter our weakest position coming into 2003?

Originally posted by FFiB

We don't need no stinking punter. We will be scoring TDs and FGs on every possesion.....

:lol:

Okay:D

Nah!

I don't think this is the time to make a change. I have a feeling he'll do a much better job this year. He's been working with O mare in the offseason to try and correct any holding issues. If we were to replace him, O Mare would be set back a few months. We'll be just fine, maybe next year we go looking. Plus I think we have a rookie and some other dude just in case, not positive bout that though.:drinker:

He is good enough. He did a decent job last year. Plus noone was out on FA to replace him.

I think he stinks, but if our offense is really good this year, maybe we wont need him in big time situations!

Originally posted by Prime Time
He is good enough. He did a decent job last year. Plus noone was out on FA to replace him.

Oh yeah, Royals did a decent job against the Pats---of helping to blow the playoffs. As for FAs that were available, Matt Turk was released by the Jets shortly after we resigned Royals. I'd take Turk over Royals anyday!

Originally posted by relive1972

Oh yeah, Royals did a decent job against the Pats---of helping to blow the playoffs. As for FAs that were available, Matt Turk was released by the Jets shortly after we resigned Royals. I'd take Turk over Royals anyday!

The way the D was playing those last 5 minutes and in OT, it wouldent have mattered if Royals pinned 'em on the 1

not trying to defend Royals, he definately didn't have a good year, but there was more than enough blame to go around for that loss (Royals, Mare, The D, Kick Return Coverage, that @#$%ing Ref that called thet bull$#!t PI call on Fletcher, Ward for dropping that first down pass that hit him right in the hands that would have let us run the clock out, O-Gun for getting no pressure all day... the list goes on)

I didn't say Royals was the sole cause, I know there was plenty to blame. But punting the ball 23yds from the 9 gave the Pats with Vienateri(sp?) an easy FG to tie. Another 15-20yds on that punt would have at least given the defense a shot at stopping them from moving into easy FG range.

copmare to the rest of the team, yes, he's the weak link imo. But maybe he'll have a good year. He should have no presure cos nobody's expecting much out of him just like Gaylor Focker on Meet The Parents...lol

Ozzy rules!!!

p.s." I bet you would panama red"

Back
Top Bottom