Is R.Hunt in your mind our RT or RG in 2020? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is R.Hunt in your mind our RT or RG in 2020?

R.Hunt in 2020 ?

• RT

Votes: 45 50.6%
  • RG

Votes: 44 49.4%

• Total voters
Barry Jackson said today many feel Hunt is a RG but the Dolphins intend to let him win the RT job.

I just hope this doesn't end up like Dallas Thomas who played a different position seemingly every day during his first camp and I think that hurt him long term

They will learn fast he’s not an nfl right tackle but I do think a heavy rpo system offense might hide some of the weaknesses.

I don’t care what the team says that’s not an nfl starting right tackle feet and foot speed wise.

thats a road grader that belongs in a phone booth

Don’t miscast another damn top pick fresh out the gate

Last edited:
This is why I think Tua sits until our OL is settled and we have confidence enough to justify the risk. On the other hand, I think Rosen would be thrilled to have Hunt at RT and Davis at RG. Even if it's experimentation, it should be better than what he had last year.

Ofc, it's possible that neither Tua or Rosen see the field this year.
That has been my opinion since draft day as well. i always expected Tua to sit for his rookie season to rehab. Maybe he comes in and plays a bit in garbage time, but limited appearances, limited exposure. Then in year 2 when he has a proper offseason he can compete. After seeing all of these not-ready-for-prime-time draft picks, it seems clear that Grier is looking to do moderately better in 2020 than in 2021 ... like 7 to 9 wins. Then looking to completely rebound in 2021 after he has had a chance to settle both the 2020 draft class of Tua & co., and the 2021 draft class.

If I had to guess, i would guess that they didn't want to raise expectations too soon, feeling confident that they had a full 4 years to rebuild. So showing gradual improvement keeps them in a job until all of those stockpiled draft picks mature as players. Not what i would want as an owner ... but looking back that's about all I can see as rationale for drafting so many not-ready-for-prime-time players.

I believe because of his lack of agility, putting bim inside is the better move, but would love it if he proved everyone wrong, and proves to be an effective Tackle.

Love his size, his tenacity, and his nastiness. Put him on the outside on the right, with good ability to mirror the pass-rusher, and most pass-rushers only reach Tua with limbs hanging.

He will probably end up at RG, which will still be really good for Tua and for the Dolphins.

He played left guard for all of his first two seasons except two games where he played left tackle.

His third year he played played left tackle all year....his senior year he played right tackle all year!

He has a lot of tackle experience....seems natural to see if he can man right tackle in the NFL first since we also drafted a left tackle.

What ever happened to Micheal Deiter? He is just complete garbage? Are we not giving him another year to prove himself? I had Hunt at RT and Deiter at RG.

I still think RT is his destiny. He reminds me a lot of Andre Smith but with a better motor. I know he mostly went up against smaller conference opponents but he just doesn’t give up on plays and you can’t teach power like that. He’s going to take his lumps for sure, and with a guy like Fitz who is pretty used to running for his life by now he’ll have his opportunities to adjust and improve. If he becomes a mainstay at one of the guard spots for I won’t be crying, but I see a much better RT prospect than people are giving him credit for.

What ever happened to Micheal Deiter? He is just complete garbage? Are we not giving him another year to prove himself? I had Hunt at RT and Deiter at RG.
Of course he will get a chance to prove himself.

He often played like garbage last year, but he started a bunch of games, and he was a rookie.

He will have every opportunity in the world to win a spot this season.

His arm length won’t mean squat. There is actually evidence that too much arm length can be a negative

I still think RT is his destiny. He reminds me a lot of Andre Smith but with a better motor.

I think Deiter is our backup C this year. We’ve got a lot of bodies at G and having him learn behind Karras might be the best way to get any sort of value out of him.

He was probably my least favorite pick of the draft. I was hoping for Ezra Cleveland from Boise, but instead we took some no-name out of Louisiana Lafayette.

Back
Top Bottom