Is Reakwon Davis the answer to the Patsies? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Reakwon Davis the answer to the Patsies?

Indeed! Our DL may have improve but we have the same core LB group. Which is not very good against the run overall.

Also, it didn't help that Fitz threw how many INTs? Was it 3?

Yeah! You're not beating NE that way.

Is the scheme sacrifice. For example, 3-4 defenses typically focus on complex coverage and blitzing schemes, leaving some areas open to being exploiting if the offenses exploits the direction of the blitzing, or coverage. Think of
the Steelers which still run the Dick Lebeau system. Last year ranking?

Steelers: 11th rushing yards allowed
Dolphins: 16th rushing yards allowed

Steelers interceptions 1st in league
Dolphins interceptions 1st in league
+ 2 other teams tied for 1st

Sacks not including qb pressures

Steelers 1st in league
Dolphins 10th in league

forced fumbles

Dolphins 5th in league
Steelers 18th in league

Points allowed

Steelers 3rd in league
dolphins 5th in league

But the dolphins are 20th in the league in yards allowed a game? But they are allowing 5th fewest points? 10th in passing yards a game allowed? 17th in rushing yards allowed a game? Quite simply what
matters the most is a teams ability to not yield points, and scoring. Base on stats alone the dolphins are giving up yards, but they are preventing others teams from scoring when it counts. All that is driven by
our scheme of course. The scheme works, but don't let other numbers deceive you. However, one stat that I can't find the the time on field..

Base on the yards allowed a game one came come to an eye ball
guess that we are not spending the most time on the field as a defense, but we are also not staying out of the field as much as the higher ranked teams. There must be some kind of balance to allow players
to rest IMO, but that is an indirect result of playing that players don't generally have a direct focus on.

Last edited:
he could be, blow some **** up behind the LOS AND LETS GO MAN..

He is def an impressive human being, size relative to moment Is high level stiuff.

Team depth is also going to play a role in this game. As we saw with the Bucs/ Cowboys, It's game 1, and players are still not in game shape. They will be huffing and puffing and rotated in and out. Communication will be huge as guys need to be on the same page, or big plays could happen. I know we don't necessarily have big-name coaches. I sure hope they are good teachers, though, and our guys are well prepared. If so, I think we will be alright.

Team depth is also going to play a role in this game. As we saw with the Bucs/ Cowboys, It's game 1, and players are still not in game shape. They will be huffing and puffing and rotated in and out. Communication will be huge as guys need to be on the same page, or big plays could happen. I know we don't necessarily have big-name coaches. I sure hope they are good teachers, though, and our guys are well prepared. If so, I think we will be alright.
You touched on one of Flo’s traits that gives me the most optimism for this team’s progression…teaching. He always talks about that being his priority, including making it a priority for his coaches. He seems to have it wired for the defense, I’m just hoping (almost expecting, with good reason) that the OCs and other O coaches prioritize it as well. His leadership is highly impressive so far.

We gave up way to many yards on the ground last year for my liking.

As I have previously posted, I think some of it has to do with philosophy and scheme. Guys like Baker and AVG are good players, but not great at engage and shed. They have to be kept "clean".

I do think we have a solid interior rotation.

That being said, the putzies are going to run it down our throats until we either stop it, or the score dictates they move away from it.
Yep. We have to find ways to put Tom Brady Jr in 3rd and longs.

Back
Top Bottom