Is Ryan Fitzpatrick A Mentor? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Ryan Fitzpatrick A Mentor?

The QB mentor is a myth.

Marino always gave Don Strock a lot of credit when he first came into the league. Having all the talent in the world is great, but having someone next to you who has seen just about every D scheme in the NFL telling you what to expect and what to look out for is invaluable.

The QB mentor is a myth.

i agree and disagree. Fitzpatrick is almost like having an extra quarterback coach. A lot of good minds in that room - Caldwell, Schuplinski, Fitzpatrick that are focused solely on the long term development of Josh Rosen (this season at least)

I did not read all of the previous posts however I have serious doubts. To me he is a journeyman who has had moderate success throughout his career with way too many teams to have his ducks in order. I think that he is trying to hang onto a job in the league and will do whatever he has to do to make that a reality. I imagine that he is financially set? I also know he has many children, a wife and probably many expenses and in a league without guaranteed contracts it really is a dog eat dog league. I hope to heaven that I am wrong and that he mentors JR to the best of his ability. Matt Moore is probably isn't but that didn't really work out for RT in the end anyway, did it? I am going into this year with my eyes wide open hoping for the best and let the chips fall where they may.......Fins up!!!

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a very academically smart QB, which in our case is perfect, considering Josh Rosen is also very academically brilliant QB that will ask questions all day long on why things are done they that way.

Ryan gives me the impression of someone that whether he is starting, or helping a young QB succeed, he feels like a winner, and will have the patience to help Rosen grow, when Jim Caldwell is not hovering over him, teaching him the finer points in playing the QB position in the NFL like a pro.
this is fitz last stop in nfl. good or bad. his bet moved maybe help Rosen out.

Back
Top Bottom