Is Saban GOD? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Saban GOD?

Spurrier and Saban have nothing in common, comparing them shows you dont follow college football very much. First off, Saban has coached in the NFL before and the main reason why Saban is different is that Spurrier ran a gimicky offense in college. An offense that works great at the college level but isnt meant for the pro game.

He's done afew thing such as bring in Lineahan and Houck. Those are huge and if your desire is to see the offense improve. Having those two coaches are major. Stokard McDougle at RT is big also. Plus by locking the press out he's able to run business without being second guessed and questioned every 5 minutes. Great start IMO. Now, of course, we need him to pull out all stops and succeed in the draft followed by a great season. Could anybody have done more up to this point? Were you dying for Lamont Jordon or any other free agent. Keep our cap in mind when you answer. Also, we might keep Surtain and he's working on Rickey. A+ so far IMO.

WelcomeBack said:
It is just trying to get a rise out of us, and quite frankly I think Saban will prove him wrong. He was brought in under Belichick, he has a pretty good defensive mind,and out of all the NFL Coaches right now, he probably has the best knowledge of the college players. :)

I cheer for the dolphins only and I am not trying to get a rise out of anyone. Putting so much faith in an unproven guy like Saban is risky though. I want to eat my words, I want him to draft the way he should. I have preferences but aslong as he doesnt take some blacksheep I got no problem.

I started this thread wondering why so many people have such faith in him? Probably because Wanny and Rick left alot to be desired. Just go look at the other threads about how smart Saban is schooling the other teams, is he?

We shall all find out shortly! I wnat Saban to be a success but he has proved nothin!

This picture says otherwise:

clear.gif

chub said:
I cheer for the dolphins only and I am not trying to get a rise out of anyone. Putting so much faith in an unproven guy like Saban is risky though. I want to eat my words, I want him to draft the way he should. I have preferences but aslong as he doesnt take some blacksheep I got no problem.

I started this thread wondering why so many people have such faith in him? Probably because Wanny and Rick left alot to be desired. Just go look at the other threads about how smart Saban is schooling the other teams, is he?

We shall all find out shortly! I wnat Saban to be a success but he has proved nothin!

Risky as in what? Getting your feelings hurt? How is it risky to put all your faith into a coach as a FAN? Its not like investing in the stock market or something! Putting our faith in Saban doesnt positively or negatively affect the Miami Dolphins. I have no clue what you are trying to get at.

SkapePhin said:
Risky as in what? Getting your feelings hurt? How is it risky to put all your faith into a coach as a FAN? Its not like investing in the stock market or something! Putting our faith in Saban doesnt positively or negatively affect the Miami Dolphins. I have no clue what you are trying to get at.

I agree with this, what's the risk ? The fins will stink ? They already did.
They won't make the playoffs, Super Bowl, make bad draft picks ?

I see it as more reward then risk. If he were taking over the pats,
then you can say risk.

SkapePhin said:

Dude the point is is Saban the man! As for my feelings being hurt boo hoo hoo!
I could careless. I only want success and am asking is Saban the man? People are praising him as a god, well I too hope he is a football god. I just think it is premature for he has proven nothing as of yet!

chub said:
I could careless. I only want success and am asking is Saban the man? People are praising him as a god, well I too hope he is a football god. I just think it is premature for he has proven nothing as of yet!

That's where you're wrong. He's given us all hope. We've never had this much hope going into the draft and season with Wannstedt as we do with Saban.

chub said:

The question is why does it bother you ? Does it make your life harder ?
Cost you money ? Sleep ?

chub said:
People on the boards are raving about Saban. Smokescreen, draft strategies etc. Is he truly that smart or is he a rookie who is going to get schooled? My money is on rookie for he is!

schooled? i could have sworn KC tried to give us a 4th rd for surtain and he didnt budge.

come on... i know i wasnt the only one that was really excited when saban came aboard... hell be just fine

chub said:
I disagree, not everyone knows this. People are praising him and he really hasnt been impressive. No knock on the guy yet, I am just asking for a reason to get on the bandwagon.

Sorry so many threads about how smart Saban is, yet I ask is he or will he be schooled?
your statment said " hasnt been impressive " in reference of what?

No, Saban isnt god.

However, he has done everything right so far, at least imo. He hasnt screwed up. He didnt cave to KC.

He's not gonna tip his hand to anything in the draft, which includes manipulating any team into doing what he wants and trading what he can.

Saban has a plan. It may work, it may not. but the guy is gonna go through with it and for the first time in many years, I feel like the entire dolphins organization is on the same page because of one man.

I'm not asking for god. Im asking for a win.

UltraDol-Fan said:
Well, he so far has done everything asked of him and gotten most of the fans excited about football again.

if u got rid of fiedler and wanny last year i woulda been excited then too.

Back
Top Bottom