Is Saban GOD? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Saban GOD?

obviously, you are not paying attention or you are ignoring facts. First off, if you listen to him speak, he speaks with intelligence and an education in phases of pshycology and philosophy. If there is one move you can critisize right now it might be.........................ummmmmm................I cant really think of any can you?

chub said:
People on the boards are raving about Saban. Smokescreen, draft strategies etc. Is he truly that smart or is he a rookie who is going to get schooled? My money is on rookie for he is!

I would love to be proved wrong but to date what has Saban done in the NFL to warrant such praise? In my mind nothing!

I would love to eat my words I really would but Saban has no track record in the NFL. Just like a draft pick Saban could be a huge bust.

I guess in a few days we find out if he is the coach/player personel person we all hope he is! Right now nothing would surprise me.

I seem to remember a college coach in washington and that didnt work out well.

By all means I want to be proved wrong but Saban needs to earn my respect and till this date he has not. I admit he has plugged a few holes through FA but theres lots more to do!

He has worked in the NFL and he was one of Bellichick's closest friends. He is also a very bright, well organized, well disciplined individual who believes in his philospophy. He is very thoughtful and deliberate in his moves. He also has a track record for turning programs around. He is a true head coach. Wanny never possessed those qualities. He was a good d coordinator, but he always seemed unsure of himself on game day and wasn't bright enough to make adjustments in his gasme plan.

No Saban is not God (no one is, including Bellichick) but from an organizational and strategic standpoint I believe we now have one of the top coaches in the league, as opposed to last year when we had arguably one of the worst.

chub said:
I cheer for the dolphins only and I am not trying to get a rise out of anyone. Putting so much faith in an unproven guy like Saban is risky though. I want to eat my words, I want him to draft the way he should. I have preferences but aslong as he doesnt take some blacksheep I got no problem.

I started this thread wondering why so many people have such faith in him? Probably because Wanny and Rick left alot to be desired. Just go look at the other threads about how smart Saban is schooling the other teams, is he?

We shall all find out shortly! I wnat Saban to be a success but he has proved nothin!

Name a better candidate than Saban who Huizenga could have brought in? Mike Nolan? Crennel and Weiss have had no head coaching experience. I am predicting that Saban will be much more successful than Crennel over the long haul

cad said:
With Vonnie Holliday ? :)

Yep. He's an upgrade over Jay Williams. He can also play inside on passing downs, so in that respect he's an upgrade over Bowens, Chester and Zgonina.

Only time will tell, but so far I like what he had done so far. He has a long term plan to get the fins back on top and to stay there. He is not going to panic and make stupid moves like the coach before him. This season should be exciting.

chub said:
Wow, I start a thread and the Saban protectors all come out lol. All I have done is stated fact not fiction. I think the organization as a whole is glad that Wanny is gone and was replaced not to mention player decisions removed from Rick. I personally believe a change was desperately needed and anyone would be an improvement. However is Saban an improvement?

My questions are though all this faith in Saban is unjust. Expectations from most of you far exceed what most of us would want from our draft picks for the first few years.

I noticed people saying I am not a fan lol, I have been a fan of the fins longer than some of these people have been alive. As for validation that Saban used to be in the NFL as an assistant all I can say is Wanny was too!

To this point Saban has signed a few FA's and in my opinion has improved the team, adding to that the limited cap space he inherited I think he has done a very good job.

I want to have faith in Saban I truly do but too many people are thinking he is a savvy veteran coach. This is Saban's first year and to expect the world is like expecting us to Draft Alex Smith and lead us to the promise land in a year!
Both are rookies and are going to make mistakes.

I understand having blind faith in him for we must right now, so far he hasnt made any mistakes in my mind.

Guys though just remember Saban's Record as a coach in the NFL all zero's. Wanny's record is better lol. By no means do I want Wanny back though.

Saban has proved nothing as a coach yet. I hope he does in time!

I think you're still a fan, but you are just making a weak argument for argument's sake. How could he have a record better than 0-0? How could he have done more in a little over 4 months? I can't even take you seriously now. You are clearly just bored.:shakeno:

jlfin said:
Name a better candidate than Saban who Huizenga could have brought in? Mike Nolan? Crennel and Weiss have had no head coaching experience. I am predicting that Saban will be much more successful than Crennel over the long haul

Yup!:cooldude:

chub said:
People on the boards are raving about Saban. Smokescreen, draft strategies etc. Is he truly that smart or is he a rookie who is going to get schooled? My money is on rookie for he is!

I would love to be proved wrong but to date what has Saban done in the NFL to warrant such praise? In my mind nothing!

I would love to eat my words I really would but Saban has no track record in the NFL. Just like a draft pick Saban could be a huge bust.

I guess in a few days we find out if he is the coach/player personel person we all hope he is! Right now nothing would surprise me.

By all means I want to be proved wrong but Saban needs to earn my respect and till this date he has not. I admit he has plugged a few holes through FA but theres lots more to do!

Compared to Wanny he's a God.

:lol: are you another jets fan?
chub said:

Back
Top Bottom