Is Saban GOD? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Saban GOD?

chub

Practice Squad
Reaction score
People on the boards are raving about Saban. Smokescreen, draft strategies etc. Is he truly that smart or is he a rookie who is going to get schooled? My money is on rookie for he is!

I would love to be proved wrong but to date what has Saban done in the NFL to warrant such praise? In my mind nothing!

I would love to eat my words I really would but Saban has no track record in the NFL. Just like a draft pick Saban could be a huge bust.

I guess in a few days we find out if he is the coach/player personel person we all hope he is! Right now nothing would surprise me.

I seem to remember a college coach in washington and that didnt work out well.

By all means I want to be proved wrong but Saban needs to earn my respect and till this date he has not. I admit he has plugged a few holes through FA but theres lots more to do!

Well, he so far has done everything asked of him and gotten most of the fans excited about football again.

Saban makes things to hard for himself.He thinks too much....Rookie

FiN.in.RI said:
Your preaching to the choir. He hasn't proven anything yet and everyone here knows this.

I disagree, not everyone knows this. People are praising him and he really hasnt been impressive. No knock on the guy yet, I am just asking for a reason to get on the bandwagon.

Sorry so many threads about how smart Saban is, yet I ask is he or will he be schooled?

UltraDol-Fan said:
Well, he so far has done everything asked of him and gotten most of the fans excited about football again.

Yea and we as fans have a right to get excited anyway. This thread is just trying to get a rise out of people.

chub said:
I disagree, not everyone knows this. People are praising him and he really hasnt been impressive. No knock on the guy yet, I am just asking for a reason to get on the bandwagon.

Sorry so many threads about how smart Saban is, yet I ask is he or will he be schooled?

No one knows how he's gonna turn out but we as fans are going to be optimistic, regardless.

Really no reason to be pessimistic at this point.

I go to LSU, and I've seen Nick Saban operate.

You will be preasantly surprised, chub.

Just wait...

It is just trying to get a rise out of us, and quite frankly I think Saban will prove him wrong. He was brought in under Belichick, he has a pretty good defensive mind,and out of all the NFL Coaches right now, he probably has the best knowledge of the college players. :)

I hope you are right.

Got nothin against the guy! He is a rookie though and we all know hat that could mean, promise land or bust!

Read this article: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_1_224/ai_58669968 This article was before he became LSU coach.. Since this was written, he brang LSU their first National Title since the 30s or something.. The place was a WRECK when he got there.. That is impressive in my mind.

He isnt your ho hum college coach.. The guy has a track record of success.. And that includes the NFL, the NFL's top Defense with the Browns.

chub said:
I hope you are right.

Got nothin against the guy! He is a rookie though and we all know hat that could mean, promise land or bust!

He is definately no Steve Spurrier.. Thats for damn sure!

chub said:
People on the boards are raving about Saban. Smokescreen, draft strategies etc. Is he truly that smart or is he a rookie who is going to get schooled? My money is on rookie for he is!

I would love to be proved wrong but to date what has Saban done in the NFL to warrant such praise? In my mind nothing!

I would love to eat my words I really would but Saban has no track record in the NFL. Just like a draft pick Saban could be a huge bust.

I guess in a few days we find out if he is the coach/player personel person we all hope he is! Right now nothing would surprise me.

I seem to remember a college coach in washington and that didnt work out well.

By all means I want to be proved wrong but Saban needs to earn my respect and till this date he has not. I admit he has plugged a few holes through FA but theres lots more to do!

Nobody knows the future. This is a message board for people to state
opinions. You know the saying about opinions ? They're like butts, everyone
has one. I find it more silly people ripping Saban already then those
who sing his praises. The praisers are just excited and hopefull for their team. The rippers are people who go through life unhappy and want to make others unhappy also.

No...He is not God! But he is a NFL Football coach who is trying to make the Miami Dolphins a contender for a Super bowl run. Just give the guy a chance.......

Back
Top Bottom