Is Saban trying to take on to much in his first year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Saban trying to take on to much in his first year?

JaxFinsFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I like what Saban has done for the club so far, but I was thinking about the RW comeback rumors and Boston rumors. These guys are two head cases who could make or break teams depending on there actions, Saban is trying to rebuild one of the winningest NFL teams in history and maybe take on two men that in the past have been a big problem for there teams, Does anyone else have a feeling that he maybe trying to do to much to fast?

I know he's trying to win and we all want that, but if this doesn't work out and blows up in is face like it did to Wanny how does the team handle it and what does Saban do then?:confused:

I don't think so, I think he's just trying his best to make our team good, can't blame him for that.

What I don't get

JaxFinsFan said:
I like what Saban has done for the club so far, but I was thinking about the RW comeback rumors and Boston rumors. These guys are two head cases who could make or break teams depending on there actions, Saban is trying to rebuild one of the winningest NFL teams in history and maybe take on two men that in the past have been a big problem for there teams, Does anyone else have a feeling that he maybe trying to do to much to fast?

I know he's trying to win and we all want that, but if this doesn't work out and blows up in is face like it did to Wanny how does the team handle it and what does Saban do then?:confused:

Is why everyone is so down on David Boston. Before he tore his achillies, he looked like he was about to relegate Chambers to the #2 spot. Not to mention he was not a lockeroom cancer or headcase as describe in SD, when in Miami. The only issue he's had is the steroid issue, which if he's rehabbing on IR, how does that affect the team..It didn't. Ricky on the other hand is another story, but having D-Bo back with the new defensive rules, Linehan spread offense and lining up CC, D-BO, and Booker, is downright scary for any defensive team, especially if your TE is RM, you pick up a back like Ronnine Brown or Cadillac and you have a decent o-line.

He had no choice but to take on a lot this year. When you take over a team that went 4-12 there are obviously several things that need to be fixed. Boston was never a problem for MIA. He got hurt ina freak injury. If he can play for the vet minimum at even a fraction of the level he's capable of, I think he'd be good for the team.

JaxFinsFan said:

How exactly is he doing it too fast??? This doesn't make any sense. Everything the guy is doing is to build for the future. Have we traded away any picks? no....have we signed anybody to outrageous deals? no.....everybody we signed is basically here for one or two years. Then if they leave we get to experience the windfall of compensatory picks. He brought in Frerotte because he knows the system - he will push Feeley. He can also mentor Feeley and any new QB we draft. He's also proven he can perform in the system. Under the circumstances he was the best guy to bring in - now we have 2 voices that can vouge for the system Linehan and Frerotte. The was a deal designed to increase the long term production from the QB position and to create cohesion (not everybody will be unfamiliar w/ the system). There aren't really any Boston rumors out there for one. And speaking of the future we would be STUPID not to let Ricky back.

JaxFinsFan said:

give saban some respect! he is a better headcoach than Wanny will ever be

I think he is doing a great job! He has had a heck of a time trying to deal with our cap issue and has not sold the franchise out for the free agents he has picked up so far. It appears he will field a quality team this year and put us in a position to be in a far more cap friendly place in the comming years. If he can get RW and DB on this roster and do it the way he has been then I am all for it. This guy acctually has brains and I think the players around the league can see it and that is why they are signing here on short term deals and taking less then they could have gotten elsewhere. I think that says alot about the boss on our boat!

Wait a minute, First I'm not putting Saban down I think he is the right man for the job! Second, I don't have anything against Boston! But, when Boston was not with Sullivan he did cause some problems, why do you think the Chargers traded him? I think some of you are not seeing it the in the same way I'm, If these guys come back and RW goes and desides to quit again, Boston gets caught juicing again or can't handle the coaching style of Saban and starts to cause problems, HOW WILL THE TEAM REACT TO IT? The team has been through alot with Wanny, some of the players are getting older and want to win now because they know there time is getting shorter for them to win! Think how it would be if some of the core players wanted out of Miami so they could go to a contender! What kind of problems whould Saban be facing then?

I'm not saying anything bad about Saban, I think he is the kind of coach needed in Miami. I just don't want to see anything negative happend in his first year! It could effect everyone for along time.( players,fans,ect) Media would have field day again and I'm tired of hearing the media and there negative remarks about the Dolphins!:fire:

Back
Top Bottom